Please see the CBC website for important information about our Church Services as the country moves into Step 4 of the Government Roadmap from Monday 19th July.
If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Cathy S.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and check your spam folders if you are expecting to receive them but they did not arrive.
Notices are also published on the Church website weekly
Pre-booking is no longer required in order to attend services.
Live streaming of the service will continue for those unable to attend. Do check with Rob D for arrangements at CotG
The sanctuary will be divided into two zones to support our fellowship needs:
upstairs for those wearing face coverings- no congregational singing
downstairs for those not wearing face coverings – congregational singing
Please note that:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- you will be asked to sign-in for test and trace purposes
- COTG are open for face-face services. All details at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/
- If you prefer a more active service rather than simply watching, a warm welcome awaits from Rob and the team. The link to join online is here
- Priory Street joint service @10am Link: https://youtu.be/bAyFG1pz2P4. Worship is led by Matt this week followed by intercessory prayers by Vicky. Eddie brings us the word from Mark.Mk 7:1-23
- Midweek Service: The next Midweek Service is this Wednesday, 1 st September
- Junior Church: continues to meet in the garden during the summer. Bring a brolly if it’s raining (equally, bring a brolly if it’s sunny!) We will have fellowship in the garden, in family groups at 10am. Once we have a rota and sufficient helpers in place, you will be able to leave your children for junior church (only if you feel child is ready to be left but there is no pressure to leave your child until they (and you!) are ready for this step).
New Key Access System to Priory Street Church Building
A reminder that we now have a new keyless entry system to Priory Street. If you have one of the old metal security keys and do not yet have a fob, please get in touch with Martin S. (details in the directory) to discuss your needs.
Also, please return any keys you have to him or the church office, as these will cease to work at some point (but please do it now whilst you remember!)
Calling all crafty ladies
Advance Notice: The craft group are a making plans to start back in the Autumn., however, there will be no session on the first Saturday in September. The proposal is to open again on first Saturday in October. Do look out for further notices. If anyone is interested in joining this outreach ministry, or would like to invite someone along, then do contact Pam M or Hazel H.
Psalm on the Farm: Dates for your diary.
Psalm on the Farm is planned for the first Sunday of Sept. and Oct. Each service will include communion.
Our outdoor services are, of course, subject to change, so do check the notices on the Friday before.
Sunday September 5th @ 11am
Sunday October 3rd @ 11am
Souper Friday on Facebook
Souper Friday is now in Facebook! We want to reach local people who need support with food parcels, so if you’re on Facebook please ‘like’ the page and engage with the posts via likes/shares/comments. You can find the page here: www.facebook.com/souperfriday
If you have any questions about Facebook, feel free to contact Jasmine Warren.”
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Several small groups meet and share online.
- Youth Groups- Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy S by 12 noon on Wednesday