- Notices Sunday 25th Feb 2024
Notices for Sunday 25th Feb
10am service at Neston
10.30am service at Priory St
Ian H will bring the Word from Luke 15: 11-32. Music will be led by Matt E and intercessory prayers by Gill B. The service will be streamed online – click here to join.
Our morning service at Priory Street is live-streamed / recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, please sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning
Please join Alan C tomorrow for a prayer walk around Corsham. We’ll set off from Priory Street at 8.30am.
The Ark – tomorrow morning
All children are invited to this fun service tomorrow from 10.30am-12pm, which will include Bible stories, games, crafts, singing and puppets! You can sign up on Eventbrite here, and keep an eye on the Ark Facebook page here for more info. The team is also needing some additional helpers, so if you have a couple of hours spare tomorrow please contact Sara Stone.
Midweek service – Weds 28th Feb
Come along on Wednesday at 2pm for our fortnightly midweek service. David M will be bringing us God’s word from Ephesians 3: 1-13 and refreshments will be served afterwards.
Raising Kids for Christ in a Confusing World – Sat 2nd March
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join us as we explore current issues affecting our children. With our guest speaker, we’ll engage with hot topics like identity, gender, technology, sexualisation, media, relationships and more. The day is made up of three sessions and is open to parents, grandparents and those who serve with CBC’s children’s and youth activities. Spaces are £5 each (payable on the day), refreshments are provided but please bring your own packed lunch. To reserve your space, please sign up on the google form here. Those who booked for the previous date need not book again if you’re planning to attend on the new date. However, if you can’t attend this time round, please just let Dan know.
Sisters in Christ, we’re getting excited for our retreat in April! If you’ve already paid your deposit, now’s the time to pay off the balance. It can be paid in one of three ways:
1. Cash – this can be given to Anne, Ruth or Hollie.
2. Cheque – made out to Corsham Baptist Church.
3. Bank transfer – sort: 09-01-54 | account: 03123488 | payment reference: LADIES24
If you need a reminder of how much you need to pay please contact Anne Holmes. It will also be helpful if you can let Anne know when you have paid your balance.
Care for the Family event on 6th June
The rates of young people struggling with anxiety and other mental health issues are rising to levels no previous generation has encountered. As parents, this can feel overwhelming. This event, to be held at the DoubleTree Hilton in Swindon, is packed with simple and effective strategies that you can use to better understand what’s going on in your child’s head. Tickets cost £11 or £8 each for a group of 3 or more (early bird tickets cost £6 if booked before 14 March). You can book through Eventbrite here, by ringing 029 2081 0800 or at www.cff.org.uk/moto – but contact Ruth in the church office first as she has access to two complimentary tickets – first come, first served!
‘The Perfect Companion’ book launch – Sat 16th March
You are warmly invited to attend the launch of our member Jo Sheringham’s new book! Previewers describe it as “a beautiful book, about ordinary people called by God to live out their faith more openly, to open up their hearts to those in need around them and to see God respond when they step out.” “Jo has captured the difference that a deep Christian faith makes to a very ordinary life.” Click here for a sneak preview… The event will be held at CBC Priory Street on 16th March, with refreshments from 7pm.
Just a gentle reminder that those wishing to use any of the rooms at Priory Street should book them in advance through the church office, to avoid double-bookings and disappointment. You can call 01249 701078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request for help
Our member Clyde Docherty is keen to improve his reading ability and would like to ask if anyone has some spare time to help him. If so, please speak to Clyde when you see him at Priory Street or contact Ruth in the church office.
- Junior Church: more volunteers are needed to enable this ministry to continue at our Sunday services. You don’t necessarily have to teach and it won’t be every Sunday. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. If you feel you can serve in this way, please complete the form here so that the necessary safeguarding checks can be done.
- Our Community Money Advice service is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Tel. 07895 716485.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-1pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin, Carol G, Brenda or Paul G for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): this activity has been paused until Easter.
- Hang out: this activity has been paused until Easter.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth L email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.