- Notices Sunday 26th November
Notices for Sunday 26th November
9.15 am baptism service
We’re looking forward to rejoicing together as we witness the baptisms of two young people at our services on Sunday.
Our Sunday services are live-streamed and recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, please sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning around Rudloe (Sat 25th)
Please join Alan C tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Rudloe. We’ll set off from Broadwood School car park in Rudloe at 8.30am and hope you can join us.
Thank you to all who gave gifts to Tearfund at our recent harvest service. We’ve just received Tearfund’s Autumn update with a wonderful report from Pastor Nkoka in Zimbabwe of how the Lord is at work in his village – you can watch the video here.
The Ark – tomorrow at 10.30am
We’re looking forward to seeing KS2 children at The Ark tomorrow from 10.30am-12pm. This will be a Nativity service so come dressed as a character from the nativity and join in the celebrations!
Children’s drop-in Christmas decoration-making session – tomorrow
The annual St Bart’s Christmas tree festival is running again this year and CBC is entering a tree once again. Drop in to Priory Street between 2pm and 4pm tomorrow to help Rhiannon make the decorations for our tree.
Women’s Bible Study – Monday 27th Nov
We’re looking forward to our next study in the book of 1 John. Come along at 7.30pm for a cuppa and we’ll start at 7.40pm. Study buddy notes are available to collect at church.
Just a reminder that, after a short break while Rhiannon was in Kenya, FLAGS is back next Wednesday at 4.30pm.
Women’s Christmas Meal: Monday 11th Dec
In Jesus we have SO much to celebrate this Christmas, so come ready to sparkle and shine as we turn up the joy levels to the max and celebrate together in true CBC women’s style! Join us on the 11th December at 7.30pm in church for a fabulous Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, including the legendary hot chocolates! The cost is £12 and you can book here. …Come sparkly, come all!
CBC Ladies Retreat 26-28 April 2024 – reserve your space!
The women’s ministry team is excited to announce that registration is open for our 2024 retreat! Our theme is ‘Tender Heart’ and Hollie will take us on a deep-dive adventure into 2 Chronicles – looking at how our cold hearts are melted when we bring them to the fire of Christ’s love!
After such a special time at Windmill Farm this year, we’re headed back there and expect to have another fantastic weekend of fellowship, worship, prayer and teaching. Arrive from 4pm on Friday 26th and we’ll head home after lunch on Sunday 28th. The total cost for the weekend (full board including cooked breakfast/lunch/dinner, unlimited tea/coffee and endless cake) is £165 per person for a shared room or £235 for a single room. A non-refundable £40 deposit is due by 2nd January. To register online, click here to complete the booking form. For a printable version, download one by clicking this link.
Your deposit can be paid in one of three ways:
1. Cash – this can be given to Anne, Ruth or Hollie.
2. Cheque – made out to Corsham Baptist Church.
3. Bank transfer – sort: 09-01-54 | account: 03123488 | payment reference: LADIES24 (please let us know when you’ve done this so we can confirm your booking).
The retreat team are looking forward to this beautiful weekend, open to all CBC ladies!
Bible Society – Romans Tour
Come and enjoy a 90min tour through the book of Romans through teaching, spoken word and live music at Pattern Church, Swindon on Thursday 30 November. For more details and booking please see – The Romans Tour – Bible Society
- Junior Church at the 9.15 and 11.15 services. More volunteers are needed to enable this ministry to continue. You don’t necessarily have to teach and it won’t be every Sunday. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. If you feel you can serve in this way, please complete the form here so that the necessary safeguarding checks can be done.
- Our Community Money Advice service is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Tel. 07895 716485.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-1pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin, Carol G, Brenda or Paul G for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.