- Notices Sun 28th May
Notices for Sunday 28th May
Quick links: Prayer walk | The Ark | Marriage course | Volunteers needed | Barn dance | Calendar
9.15 at Priory Street
Alan C will bring the Word from Exodus 39:32-40:33 and music will be led by Ian and Anne. Intercessory prayers will be led by Vicky S. The service will be streamed online – click here to join.
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Rob D will bring the Word from Exodus 35:1-39:32 and music will be led by Dave M. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
11.15am at Priory Street
Alan C will bring the Word from Exodus 39:32-40:33 and music will be led by Joey P. Intercessory prayers will be led by Paul K. The service will be streamed online – click here to join.
Please be aware that our Sunday services at Priory Street are live-streamed/recorded on our YouTube channel. If you prefer not to appear on screen, you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk in Corsham – Saturday (tomorrow) at 9am
Join us tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Corsham, led by Alan C, as we continue to ask God to guide us in our plans to move from three Sunday congregations to two. We will set off from CBC Priory Street at 9am.
The Ark – Saturday at 10.30am
We would love to see you tomorrow at The Ark, a fun and interactive service for primary school-aged children, which will be held at Priory Street from 10.30am-12pm. Join us for songs, crafts, Bible stories and puppets! Your free place can be booked via Eventbrite here and you can keep up-to-date via the Facebook page here.
Date for your diaries: we are planning Ark on the Farm for 1st July. More details will be available soon but in the meantime, save the date!
The Marriage Course – Saturday at 2.30pm
Session 2 of our Marriage course will be held tomorrow afternoon at Priory Street from 2.30-4pm. There is still room for you and your spouse to come along. The final session will be held on Saturday 3rd June. Please register to attend via Eventbrite – click here or scan the QR code.
Pentecost Sunday – 6pm this Sunday evening
All are warmly welcome to celebrate Pentecost Sunday at a service at St Bartholomew’s at 6pm this coming Sunday. Our own Rob D will be preaching.
Urgent Children’s Work Helper Volunteers Needed
CBC is hugely blessed with a large number of children – but this means we need your help. We have a legal responsibility to have enough helpers for each group, otherwise groups have to stop. Helpers do not need to prepare or lead anything, we just need you to support the leader and children where needed. You should be prepared to have an enhanced DBS check and attend safeguarding training. You will be able to indicate on the application form how often you are prepared to help.
9:15 Junior Church
The 9:15 junior church has come under huge pressure in recent weeks as we must have at least two adults for each group, suitably DBS checked and safeguarding trained. We are grateful to two parents for stepping forward so that we can keep this valuable work going in the short term but we could really do with more support going forward. Please would 9:15 and 11:15 congregation members consider whether they could support this important work for our children, maybe on an occasional basis. For more information and/or to apply to help, please click on the link here.
11:15 Junior Church (3-7 year age group)
This group can be a large one and it sometimes requires a third adult per session. It may be possible that, if there are fewer children some Sundays, you can return back into the service. For more information and/or to apply to help, please click on the link here.
FLAGS (Wednesdays 4:30-5:30pm primary-aged children)
This is a group run by Rhiannon at Priory Street where primary-aged children gather to do crafts, activities and hear Bible stories. For more information and/or to apply to help, please click on the link here.
Thank you. For further information, please contact Rhiannon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Elspeth (email@example.com)
Funeral service for Angela Hilliard
We grieve with our sister Margaret Hilliard on the recent death of her daughter Angela. Margaret would like to invite her friends at CBC to attend the funeral service on Friday 9th June at 2.30pm and the interment at Ladbrook Lane cemetery afterwards. Refreshments will be available in the church hall following the service. Please lift up Margaret and all the family in your prayers at this time.
Church Barn Dance – Saturday 15th July
There is still space for you to sign up for the church barn dance in July. Tickets cost £5 per person and can be purchased in advance from the Ovens family. You’re asked to bring something for the bring-and-share buffet. Dig out your dancing shoes and let’s make this a fun night for the whole church!
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless otherwise notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.