Church on the Green @ 10am
Rob starts a new series on Jonah this week. He will be leading an interactive Bible Study and prayer and you’ll be able to join online or via a standard phone call as follows:
Priory Street – joint service @ 10am
A pause on 1 Peter this week with a return to John’s gospel. Chapter 15:1-17.
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5tpyZ_6K_hTov2tesd9yTA
- Audio & transcript: https://corshambaptists.org/sermon-intro/
The ‘new normal’ continues with prayer and fellowship – contact your LIFE group leaders for when and how that is happening. Or use the contact form if you’re not part of one but would like to join in.
Activities for various age groups will be live on the CBC Junior Church channel on Sunday morning.
Evening prayer @ 8pm
Maybe it is easier to concentrate in the evening, after the children are in bed? If you’d like to join a small group, via Zoom, for a couple of Bible readings and to share and receive prayer reach out to Joey, Natalie or use the contact form.
Encouragements from lockdown
Our youth minister Dan Ovens wrote recently of some of the encouragements he has had during the last couple of months. You can read it on the Webnet site: https://www.webnetwork.org.uk/encouragements-in-lockdown-young-people/
A word from our Treasurer
Thank you very much to all who continue to give financially to the work of the church. A couple of updates for anyone who would typically give through the bag on a Sunday morning:
- The government has announced that Gift Aid will be recoverable on donations saved up over the substantial number of weeks that services are taking place online. To do so you simply need to say so on the envelope as and when we are able to meet in person again.
- Or perhaps simpler, you may like to contact Roger about using a standing order.
As trailed last week, we will be re-opening the Sanctuary at Priory Street to all within the fellowship and indeed the wider community from this week. There has been a lot of careful consideration put into this and we believe we have done all that we can to reduce the risks of virus transmission. This included removing Bibles from use, so please bring your own. Dan will also start his Wednesday group in person.
We ask that no one with symptoms comes and we will need to record your names and contact details in case someone subsequently displays symptoms and we need to let you know. You can read our full set of precautions including the privacy statement about how to we will keep your personal information safe here.
- Tuesday evenings at 7pm: Zoom Meetings for junior church children (school years 6,7,8). Please contact either Wendy R or John P (in the directory).
- Each Wednesday and Sunday at 7pm, Lunn Green will be hosting a live prayer event. This is a great way to feel connected to the wider family at a time when many of us are isolated and under pressure. Please use this link to connect to the event.
- Wednesday 7.15 – 8.45pm. Rooted – An opportunity for young people (year 8+) to catch up virtually and dig into the Bible together.
- Friday 6.30-7.45pm. Connect – An opportunity for year 7’s to connect virtually, play games and dig into the Bible together.
- Sunday 7.15 – 8.45pm. Impact – A virtual youth club (year 8+), where the young people can hang out, have fun, & deepen friendships through a range of interactive activities