This Sunday – special events
- Church on the Screen: A DIY Nativity in uniquely 2020 style – new video skills, same old costumes! Details at https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/
- This Sunday @10 we are telling the nativity story through the medium of Zoom: It’s going to be a great opportunity to gather together as a church and remember how our saviour came to earth to redeem us. We’d love to see everyone there. Here’s some details you need to know:
- Dressing up as nativity characters, or at least in some kind of Christmassy way, is highly encouraged!
- Please join the Zoom call promptly at 10am (details on WhatsApp or contact Matt G, Tim S). The nativity itself will be somewhere between 15-20 minutes, and we can hang around after for chat.
- Bring your own coffee and mince pies.
- Carol Service @10am: Recorded live and in-person on Wednesday 16th in Priory Street. On the CBC YouTube channel.
We hope to return to weekly Sunday and Wednesday, in person, services from 10th and 13th Jan respectively.
CBC Nativity trail – THIS SATURDAY…
…around Corsham High Street and surrounding homes. Come wearing your favourite nativity costume:
Who: Everyone from CBC and the community.
What: Trail around Corsham High street, Priory street and adjoining roads. Look out for words in households windows which will match a sticker they place on their clue sheet.
When: Saturday 19th December 2020 4.00pm – 7.00pm Pack collection at the church on Monday and Thursday after school and on the Saturday from 3.00pm.
Carols, Carols, Carols
- Tues 22nd Dec @ 6pm Town Carols: This year hosted by our very own Dan, all details here ;
- Christmas Eve @ 6pm, CBC Carol Service: Our own family affair, led by Eddie, also on YouTube.
- If you missed the Carols with Compassion, we’ve updated the post with the link: https://corshambaptists.org/mission-and-ministries/carols-with-compassion/
Steve and Ruth
are finishing their service in Tanzania, here’s their final blog: https://corshambaptists.org/mission-and-ministries/overseas-mission/never-say-never/
Activities for children of all ages
- Christ Centred Christmas Bake off – Tuesday 22nd December: Start preparing now for the first CBC Bake off!! Please confirm entry and get details here: Baking – Corsham Baptist Church. We need Judges!! (Help out, email Cathy D). Prizes to be won for the bake!!
- A new Junior Church resource page has been created to pull all these things together. If you have an activity your little ones (pre-school and key-stage 1) have loved and that helps them love Jesus then share it with one of the Junior Church teachers and you can be a published artist, author, baker or musician! If it goes well we hope to start a new theme in the New Year.
So let’s get festive and celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ who remains sovereign. May these seasons be marked, not by being miserable but how we shine and continue to uphold the Lord our God.
Christmas Holiday Club
You might be thinking,”What am I going to do with the children in the run up to Christmas?” Well, I have the answer: Join me for a three day holiday club starting on Monday December 21 through to Wednesday December 23, starting at 10am each morning. This will be an online holiday club so if you are otherwise engaged at 10am you can watch the club at your convenience as it will be available on CBC Junior Church YouTube channel for the foreseeable. There’ll be singing, crafts, Bible stories, fun, games, general silliness and of course the fire drill!!!
You can pick up an activity pack from the church gates on Monday 14th December, Thursday 17th December or Saturday 19th December between 3pm and 4.30pm. All you need to provide is an orange for day 3.