A prayer for Pentecost Sunday
In-person services continue with increased capacity. Pre-booking is still required but please consider coming if you would like. You can book your family ticket (one per household) here – contact Cathy Simon if for any reason you are unable to book.
Please note that:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- distancing rules of 1m plus mask apply.
- Church on the Screen @10am: If you prefer a more active service rather than simply watching, a warm welcome awaits from Rob and the team.
- COTG are opening for face-face services from next Sunday 30 May All details at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/
- Priory Street joint service @10am: https://youtu.be/YbEXONceEGY. This week (and next) our worship will be presented live by the worship team. We then continue with the Good News according to Mark brought by Eddie. You can read the passage : Mark 3:7-19 here.
- Please continue to pray for our preaching team as they prepare to bring God’s word to us week by week.
- Next week (30 May) Ian Holmes will bring you Good News from Mark.
Zoom Junior Church
- KS1 junior church:starts at 10 am and the joining details are:
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74667394889?pwd=TTZFbE94Kzlwa2ZxMlMrK1JQd3NPdz09
- Meeting ID: 746 6739 4889
- Passcode: JCKs1
- KS2 junior church:starts at 11am and the joining details are:
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us04web.zoom.us/j/78440614259?pwd=OUtlaVN5Qm4zdzFzNEVsalY4VUp5dz09
- Meeting ID: 784 4061 4259
- Passcode: JCKs2
If you would like your child to participate in these sessions but haven’t done so already, please contact Rhiannon (email@example.com or mob (in directory)) giving permission for them to join.
There are safeguarding rules that we need to adhere to and in the first place parental consent is required for your children to take part in these meetings. Please could you send Rhiannon an email or text / message with the following (filling in the relevant information):
- I give permission for …………… to interact on zoom.
- I give permission for a leader to contact me (Parent’s name) by email/ phone/text for the purpose of setting up these Zoom meetings.And then add your name.
Appointment of Elders and Deacons
Following our Church Meeting on Monday 17th May:
Ian Holmes, Rob Perks and John Prior have been elected as Elders and Sue Wingrave as Deacon.
Sue has also been affirmed as Church Secretary following her election as Deacon.
Please hold our whole leadership in prayer as they guide us through the coming months.
Ladies Bible Study 24 May 7:30 pm
The ladies are meeting in person this month
If you have not done so already, please book your place here.
For those wishing to attend online the link is as follows:
Meeting ID: 829 7300 0518
Any questions, please contact Anne H, Victoria K, or Christine C.
Ark Children’s Service Sat 29 May 10:30
Please pray for the The Ark Children’s Service and the whole team as they prepare for and run thi event
Booking has been brisk, including new families, and there are very few family tickets left.
Click on the link here to get your tickets – one per household please!
We need to ask that masks are worn by over 11s and hand gel is used on arrival, please. You will be allocated seats to ensure social distancing with socially distanced entry and exit too. We would be grateful if you don’t attend if you have any Covid symptoms.
Psalm on the Farm Sunday 6th June: Cancelled.
Although there has been a significant relaxation in restrictions in wider society, notably being able to meet as two households indoors and in groups of up to 30 outdoors, there are no changes relevant to church included in the most recent changes. Notably the restriction on meeting off church premises has not been lifted as was hoped
Thus, in light of recent Government Covid guidelines and the updated Baptist Union advice, we will not be holding Psalm on the Farm on the 6th June. The Leadership Team know this is desperately disappointing and have not taken the decision lightly. Safety is of course important and Tim will keep us updated on our roadmap towards the end of restrictions.
Please note that the planned Youth activities can go ahead. Contact Dan Ovens in you have any queries.
Message from Rhiannon: Children’s Activities
[Our children] walk past the church and say ‘There’s our old church’….
As restrictions continue to ease, the church leadership are very aware that adults have the choice of coming to Priory Street or, shortly, Rudloe Cafe on Sundays but that is not so easy for our younger children.
Please access the link here to read the message from Rhiannon including exciting plans to provide an opportunity for children to access in person meetings at church.
Do lift up these plans and events and especially our youngest members in your prayers. For them, the last 14 months represents a significant chunk of their young lives.
If you would like to get involved in the children’s work or have any queries, do contact Rhiannon.
Souper Friday on Facebook
Souper Friday is now in Facebook! We want to reach local people who need support with food parcels, so if you’re on Facebook please ‘like’ the page and engage with the posts via likes/shares/comments. You can find the page here: www.facebook.com/souperfriday
If you have any questions about Facebook, feel free to contact Jasmine Warren.”
Activities during lockdown
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Several small groups meet and share online.
- Youth Groups- Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy Simon and/or Tim Stephenson by 12 noon on Friday