Please see the CBC website for important information about our Church Services as the country moves into Step 4 of the Government Roadmap from Monday 19th July.
If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Cathy S.
Please add email@example.com to your address book and check your spam folders if you are expecting to receive them but they did not arrive.
Notices are also published on the Church website weekly
Pre-booking is no longer required in order to attend services in person. Please consider coming if you would like.
Live streaming of the service will continue for those unable to attend. Do check with Rob D for arrangements at CotG
The sanctuary will be divided into two zones to support our fellowship needs:
upstairs for those wearing face coverings- no congregational singing
downstairs for those not wearing face coverings – congregational singing
Please note that:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- you will be asked to sign-in for test and trace purposes
- Church on the Screen @10am: If you prefer a more active service rather than simply watching, a warm welcome awaits from Rob and the team.
- COTG are opening for face-face services. All details at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/
- Priory Street joint service @10am: https://youtu.be/BQpFEMc7itk
- This week worship is led by Ian H and Intercessory Prayer by Shirley. Eddie is preaching from Mark 6:1-13
- Midweek Service: The next Midweek Service is this Wednesday, 4th August
- Junior Church: will continue to meet in the garden during the summer, as we have been over the past weeks, except we won’t be limited to groups of 30. Bring a brolly if it’s raining, equally, bring a brolly if it’s sunny. We will have fellowship in the garden, in family groups at 10am and booking via eventbrite is no longer required. The hope is that now the restrictions have eased we will have the option of taking our service inside if the weather is too bad. At the moment I am asking a parent or parents to stay with their child/ren as I haven’t set up a rota for leaders/helpers yet. If you would like to take up a role within junior church, please let me know. I will be in touch over the summer with those who have previously served in this area to see if you are willing to come on board again. Once we have a rota and sufficient helpers in place, you will be able to leave your children for junior church (only if you feel child is ready to be left but there is no pressure to leave your child until they (and you!) are ready for this step). Thank you for your support and prayers.
For Your Prayers
Please pray for junior church over the coming weeks, in particular for:
*sufficient helpers to become available
*wisdom as to what things will look like from September onwards and how we move forward
*safety for families
*children to remember/learn about what it is to be church family
*children to have teachable hearts, to understand the gospel and have an excitement for Jesus
Transcription of Sermons
The Transcription and delivery of Priory Street sermons, which has run for the duration of lockdown thanks to the dedication of a team of volunteers, will cease from next Sunday (1st August)
Steve and Gill’s training course 26th July to 5th August
Steve and Gill would appreciate your prayers for their training course, which is happening on Zoom again this year. Please contact them if you would like a prayer diary with something to pray for each day.
Psalm on the Farm: Dates for your diary.
Psalm on the Farm is planned for the first Sunday of Aug, Sep, and Oct. Each service will include communion.
Our outdoor services are, of course, subject to change, so do check the notices on the Friday before.
Sunday August 1st
Sunday September 5th
Sunday October 3rd
Leadership Review – How we “do Church”
Since the last review which Tim S. conducted for us several years ago, the Lord has continued to bless us with an increasing membership at CBC and our Leadership Team believe now is a good and appropriate time to conduct a full review of our ministry leadership and “How we do Church”. Ministries have increased in number and size and we want to ensure our ministry leaders are well resourced and supported as well as growing the team and filling some gaps which have become evident over the last few months. As we begin the process of opening up after COVID restrictions are lifted, additional needs are being identified too. As we grow, it becomes ever more important to ensure clarity over who is responsible for what and so Alan C. and Rob P. have been delegated by the Leadership Team to conduct a thorough review of our current arrangements and make recommendations for the future which will be presented initially to the oversight team by early September and to the Church at a Church meeting in mid to late September. In view of that, we have decided to postpone the Church members meeting scheduled for July.
It would be immensely helpful if you feel you have gifts which you could use and are willing to serve the fellowship to make contact with Alan or Rob who would love to meet with you and discuss possible areas where you may be able to use the Gifts God has blessed you with. In particular, the following areas have been highlighted
- Administration and ability to organise
- IT with a focus on “front of Church” presentational skills
- Project Management skills to bring to relatively simple projects
- Finance at any level
- Event Management
If you believe you have any of these gifts at any level, do get in touch or if there is something you believe needs doing and you’re passionate about doing it, let us know!
Contact details for Alan C and Rob P are in the Church Directory (Log in to CBC to access the updated 2021 directory here)
Souper Friday on Facebook
Souper Friday is now in Facebook! We want to reach local people who need support with food parcels, so if you’re on Facebook please ‘like’ the page and engage with the posts via likes/shares/comments. You can find the page here: www.facebook.com/souperfriday
If you have any questions about Facebook, feel free to contact Jasmine Warren.”
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Several small groups meet and share online.
- Youth Groups- Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy S by 12 noon on Wednesday