If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Ruth at email@example.com. To maximise delivery please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and check your spam folders.
Notices are also published on the Church homepage, typically early evening on Fridays.
Happy New Year!
“And I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year, ‘Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.’ And he replied, ‘Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.'” (M L Haskins) We wish you God’s richest blessings in 2022.
Joint service at The Corsham School
Please join us on Sunday at 11am when all our congregations will be meeting together for worship. Ben F will be bringing the Word from Mark 10:46-52. Music will be led by Adrian P.
Gathered to Pray – 6pm
Our monthly prayer meeting will be led by Steve and Gill Bryant. We will meet on Zoom at 6pm this Sunday evening. The Zoom link follows: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87463647314?pwd=UU4vRVVRV2RxaW5vSHZDNlFTT0dQZz09
Meeting ID: 874 6364 7314
COVID-19 – updated guidelines
The STRIPE team has issued updated guidelines following the government’s recent announcements regarding Covid-19 restrictions. Read the guidelines here.
There is still time to nominate someone for the leadership roles that are up for re-election. Nominations will close after the morning service on 9th January. Nomination forms are available at the back of the church.
Dates for your diary
Midweek service: Wednesday 5th January at 2pm.
Introduction to South West Gospel Partnership: Saturday 15th January at 10-11.30am. You are invited to join us at Priory Street for an opportunity to find out more about the SWGP, with which CBC has been associated for a number of years. All are welcome.
Church members’ meeting: Monday 17th January.
We are in need of volunteers for the refreshments rota. If you would like to help prepare, serve and clear away refreshments once in a while after the 11.15 service at Priory Street, please contact Wendy Rowe.
Ruth L will shortly be arranging First Aid training for those who are regularly involved in various church ministries. If you would like to receive this training please email Ruth on email@example.com.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Souper Fridays: every Friday 9am-10am. Open for help with food items to take away. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Craft Group – please note that the craft group will not be meeting until next year – date to be confirmed. Watch this space!
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth Lancaster (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 noon on Wednesday.
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on church activities throughout the week.