Notices for Sunday 20th Feb
9:15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
CotG is meeting at 10am at the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as online. All details are at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/. Or Join Now.
Gathered to Praise – Sun 20th Feb
All are warmly welcome to our monthly praise evening at 6pm at Priory Street.
Following the Special Church Meeting on Tuesday, please watch out for an email from Tom L, our Treasurer, regarding the planned Pledge Day which will enable us to assess the financial viability of the decision to increase the number of pastors from three to four.
Holiday Bible Club: help needed
Holiday Bible Club will be held at Priory Street Tues-Thurs 22nd-24th February.
1. Strong men and women are needed to help clear the chairs from the sanctuary in order to set up gazebos for holiday club. We will be doing this after Sunday evening’s Gathered to Praise service. Please stay for a few minutes to help both with moving the chairs and setting up gazebos. Also, we need to get the sanctuary back to normal on Thursday 24th. Please come to church at 7pm to move chairs back. If you can help, please let Rhiannon know: email@example.com.
2. Calling all bakers! Are you able to bake a cake or some biscuits so that we can provide a nice homemade snack for the children attending? We anticipate roughly 25 children each day. If you can bake some goodies for one day that would be wonderful. Please let Rhiannon know what you are able to bake and for which morning.
Please continue to pray for this outreach event, for the children and helpers and that God will use us and do a mighty work in our community.
The Ark – Saturday 26th February 10.30-11.45am
The Ark is a service especially for children, held once a month at Priory Street. There will be songs, a Bible story, crafts, puppets, refreshments and lots of fun! To register your child please click here. For more information contact Heather C.
Easter Story Tour on the Farm – Saturday 16th April
Eventbrite is now live!!! You can book your tickets here: https://cbc-easter-story-tour-2022.eventbrite.co.uk
Spread the word and invite family and friends. Actors and volunteers are needed and of course prayer. Please contact Rhiannon to express your interest in helping with this MEGA event – thank you!
Bible Society at Big Church Day Out.
You’re invited to join us as a volunteer at BCDO, 3–4 June 2022. There are lots of different roles, and you don’t need to know anything about the charity before you turn up. We’re offering you free camping, an event ticket and hot breakfasts, all in exchange for eight hours of your time over the two days of the festival. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Thanks – Susan Wingrave
Other Regular Activities
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth Lancaster (email@example.com) by 12 noon on Wednesday.