Notices for Sunday 27th Feb
There is a lot going on in the life of our church this coming week, hence the rather long notices bulletin. Please bear with us as we convey the important information below.
9:15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
CotG is meeting at 10am at the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as online. All details are at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/. Or Join Now.
Update from the STRIPE team re Covid-19
The government has announced changes to Covid regulations as from Thursday 24th February. As a church family, we continue to love our brothers and sisters by bearing with one another and taking the following steps:
- Covid measures are now a matter of personal choice.
- If you have confirmed Covid or symptoms, please consider staying away from physical meetings.
- We will continue to keep the building well ventilated as far as is reasonably practicable.
- The masked area in the balcony will remain until the end of March and then be removed.
- For those serving in the kitchen, we are reverting to normal hygiene rules.
- There is no longer a requirement to do a Covid test before attending church.
Stripe Team (Ian, Rob and Susan)
Special prayer meetings this weekend
Our hearts grieve over the situation in Ukraine and all those affected by it. We have an opportunity to gather together to pray for this matter tomorrow morning, Saturday 26th, at 8am in the Hut at Priory Street. We will also use that time to continue to seek the Lord’s will concerning the Senior Pastor role. A second prayer meeting for these issues will be held at 6pm on Sunday evening at Priory Street. You are warmly invited to join us at these times.
Pledge Day – Sunday 27th Feb
You should have received an email this week from our Treasurer Tom Lewis regarding the Pledge Day. If not, you can read the full text of the email here. Following the vote to increase the number of pastors from 3 to 4 at our recent Church meeting, we are holding a pledge day this Sunday, 27th February, to assess the financial viability of this. As a rough guide, monthly giving would need to increase by a minimum of 20% for us to afford an associate pastor. With this in mind, we would ask you to give prayerful consideration to how much you could increase your regular giving by to support this. A pledge form has been prepared here for you to use. If you prefer to complete a paper form, hard copies will be available at church on Sunday, along with a box in which to place completed forms.
The Ark – Saturday 26th February 10.30-11.45am
The Ark is a service especially for children, held once a month at Priory Street. There will be songs, a Bible story, crafts, puppets, refreshments and lots of fun! To register your child please click here. For more information contact Heather C.
Women’s Bible Study – Monday 28th Feb
A warm welcome awaits you at our next meeting this coming Monday at 7.30pm at Priory Street (please come a bit earlier if you would like refreshments). We look forward to hearing what God has laid on Hannah’s heart as she shares from the gospel of John – I am the Resurrection and the Life. We want to encourage meeting in person but for those who are unable to, Zoom details are below (please note Zoom details are the same every month):
Meeting ID: 859 5953 1179
Study notes are available at church or you can find them here.
Prayer for mission and the persecuted church – Tuesday 1st March
Please join us on Zoom next Tuesday at 8pm as we meet to lift up the needs of our mission partners to God in prayer. Through helpful videos, we will also learn about and pray for some of the challenges that believers face in countries where it’s hard to live out the Christian faith. Zoom details are below:
Meeting ID: 847 4904 6772
Engage with global mission – Momentum Yes course for the whole church
In March and April there will be an opportunity to participate in Momentum Yes! This interactive course will open your eyes to the global picture of God at work in the world, the challenges and encouragements, and how you can get involved in ways both large and small. We will watch video clips and have discussions in small groups as we meet together online. Have a look at this two minute video clip to find out more.
This course is for all of us! We will meet on Zoom, on Friday evenings starting on 4th March and ending on 8th April, from 7.30 to 9.00 pm. If you are interested in joining, please contact Steve and Gill Bryant.
The Zoom details are:
Meeting ID: 817 4340 8727
Easter Story Tour on the Farm – Saturday 16th April
Eventbrite is now live!!! You can book your tickets here: https://cbc-easter-story-tour-2022.eventbrite.co.uk
Spread the word and invite family and friends. Actors and volunteers are needed and of course prayer. Please contact Rhiannon to express your interest in helping with this MEGA event – thank you!
Live streaming of Priory Street services
Live streaming our services is a huge blessing to those who cannot regularly attend Church. We may also reach a wider and new audience. We desperately need volunteers to help with this, especially at the 11.15 service. Operating this is much easier now that the new tech has been installed and we are better able to separate streaming from projection. Full training will be provided. Please let Jonny Street, our facilitation Deacon, John Godwin or Ben Ross know if you are willing to help in this vital work from time to time. Thank you.
World Day of Prayer – Friday 4th March
Formerly known as the Women’s World Day of Prayer, this event is now for everyone! You are invited to a special service at St. Bartholomew’s Church, Corsham at 2pm next Friday to join with Christians around the world to pray for the needs of the world. If you live closer to Box, there will be also be a service at Box Methodist Church at 6.30pm on the same day.
Other Regular Activities
- Craft Group: join us on Saturday 5th March, 10am-12.30pm. Please bring your own craft project, although we do have an Easter project for us all to begin work on.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth Lancaster (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 noon on Wednesday.