Notices for Sunday 27th November
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. David M will bring the Word from Exodus 24:13-25:9 and worship will be led by Adrian & Jo. Intercessory prayers will be led by Dave M. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Save the date: Associate Pastor candidate returning for Q&As and a preach with a view
The Trustees are excited to have invited Adam Jacques back to preach with a view at CBC following his recent visit. We have planned the following opportunities to get to know Adam, and to hear him preach.
Q & A sessions (open to everyone) – Saturday 3rd December, 2pm and 4pm
Please let us know you’re coming using the following links:
Preach with a view on the Sunday 4th December, 9.15 and 11.15 at Priory Street:
We would encourage members of the Church on the Green and Midweek services to join with one of the Sunday congregations at Priory Street to hear Adam preach.
Special Church Members’ meeting, Tuesday 6th December, 8pm
In this meeting we will seek to discern whether we feel God is calling Adam to be Associate Pastor at CBC.
Please put these dates in your diary, and keep praying that we, together with Adam and his family, would clearly discern God’s will.
The Ark – Saturday 26th Nov
Tomorrow is the final Ark of 2022. Please pray that the Christmas message is heard and all who attend will be greatly blessed. We’ve had lots of new families joining us this term, we’ve had lots of fun and been blessed as a team. We have much to be thankful for. It’s a privilege to be part of this ministry. If you would like to serve on the Ark team, please speak to Rhiannon.
Hope Explored taster sessions
We’re praying that God will use our Christmas events to reach those who don’t yet know Him. At these events, we’ll be offering the Hope Explored course (which we’ll be running in January). Invitations are always better when they’re made personally, and those invitations will be a lot more effective if we already have a good idea of what the course is like.
To help us get to know the Hope Explored course, Rob D is running a taster session at Priory Street on Sunday 27th November, at 6pm, and again on Wednesday, 30th November at 10am. Come along and find out how it works, so you can tell people what it’s like. Additionally, if you would like to explore this material in your LIFE groups, let Rob D know and we’ll help you get started.
Women’s Bible Study – Monday 28th November
Ladies, we look forward to you joining us next Monday evening from 7.30pm when Sharon will be sharing from James 1: 19-27. Study buddy notes can be found here, and copies are also available on the table at Priory Street. If you are unable to come in person, join us on Zoom – details below:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88078505450?pwd=ZkNNT0JhQVExYVJ5QncxM3BBeDFjdz09
Meeting ID: 880 7850 5450
There will be no FLAGS on Wednesday 30th November (Rhiannon is in Kenya). All back to normal on Wednesday 7th December.
Born in a Barn – a Farmyard Nativity
Are you serving at this big church evangelistic outreach event? No?! Don’t despair, there’s time to sign up and there’s plenty to do.
Farm preparation – we need to help John get the farm ready so there will be a work party on Saturday 3rd December at 9.30am (leaving plenty of time to get back to Priory street for the Q&A sessions). Men, women and families are actively encouraged to help.
Saturday 10th December stewards, bakers and servers are all needed. The tickets sold out a few weeks ago, 300 people are coming but we need YOU! We can’t run this event safely or effectively if we don’t have people to point the way, chat, serve drinks etc
Speak to John (Prior), Rhiannon (Price) or Hollie (Gale) if you need pointing in the right direction with areas to serve.
Actors: please be at the farm at 10am to have a rehearsal. Bring your lunch and wrap up warm.
It will be a long day but it’s a small price to pay in order to share Jesus with lots of people. If you are available for only part of the day then there is still an opportunity to serve.
Souper Friday Christmas party
There are still a few places available at the Christmas Party on Saturday 17th December – speak to Colin W or Carol G to reserve a place. The party runs from 2-4.30pm at Priory Street. We are in need of a few volunteers to help with the clearing away after the party – if you’re able to help please let the SF team know.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless otherwise notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.