Notices for Sunday 28th August
Church on the Green
An evening with Stuart & Lynne Little – Sunday 28th Aug
Stuart and Lynne are members of CBC who have been serving with Mercy Ships since 2018. They are back in the UK for a short visit and you are invited to join us at Priory Street on Sunday evening to hear an update on their ministry and plans for the future and to pray for them. The evening will start at 5pm with refreshments, cake and a chance to chat to Stuart & Lynne, before they lead us in worship and share their news. If you would like to provide cake please leave it in the kitchen on Sunday morning.
Midweek service – Wednesday 31st August
All are welcome to join us at the Midweek service at 2pm on Wednesday, followed by refreshments.
Joy will be marrying Daniel Schmeer at CBC at 12 noon on Saturday 3rd September and all those who knew and supported Joy growing up are welcome to attend and stay for refreshments afterwards. Please also note that the building has been booked for set up on Thursday 1st and a rehearsal on Friday evening. Thank you, Matt & Sue.
Men’s Weekend Away: 16th-18th September
“Keeping in step with the Spirit: the vital role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer.”
Steve Lancaster will be opening the Bible to us on this exciting subject! The location is at a lovely spot near Pen y Fan, Wales. There will be teaching, eating, talking and some walking, and lots of fellowship to encourage us in our walk with our dear Lord. The cost will be around £60 with subsidies available, so please don’t let money be an issue for not coming along. The booking link is: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cbc-mens-weekend-away-tickets-375214987127. For more information please speak to Tom B or Ian H.
Souper Friday Summer Party
Colin reports that the summer party last Saturday was a great success and he and the team received many positive comments from those who attended and enjoyed themselves so much. Huge thanks to all who worked hard behind the scenes and provided wonderful cakes and sandwiches. In the words of Carol G, “Amazing day, hard work but so worth it. How blessed we are that we can share all this.” Amen!
First Aid course – 17th September
First Aid training will be taking place at church on Saturday 17th September from 9am-4pm. If you are a first aider whose training has lapsed, or you’re someone who would like to be trained in order to serve your particular ministry in this way, please email Ruth in the church office to reserve a (free) place.
Next Sunday morning (4th Sept) will be our usual monthly joint service for all our congregations, meeting at Priory Street at 10.30am.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless other notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.