Notices for Sunday 17th September
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Due to the continued unavailability of Dandelions Café, COTG will be joining with the 9.15 service this coming Sunday.
Our Sunday services at Priory Street are live-streamed/recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning around Neston (Sat 16th)
Please join Matt G tomorrow morning as he leads a prayer walk around Neston. We will set off from the Memorial Hall at 8.30am.
Baptisms this Sunday
We’re looking forward to celebrating and giving thanks to God for two young people as they are baptised at the 11.15 service on Sunday – Rhiannon F and Bethia P. Please pray for them as they prepare to give their testimonies and go through this act of witness to their faith in Christ.
If you are interested in finding out more about baptism, please speak to any of the elders.
Gathered to Praise – Sunday evening
We have so much to be thankful to God for – so do join us on Sunday evening at 6pm for our monthly praise service.
Ordination & induction service – Sat 23rd Sept at 2pm
We’re excited for Adam Jacques’ Ordination and Induction service next Saturday! This will be a very special occasion for Adam and Lorna, and our church family. We hope you and your loved ones will be able to join us! If you can’t be present in person, the service will be streamed online – click here to join.
If you can provide cakes or biscuits, or can lend a hand with serving drinks or clearing up afterwards, please let Nathalie Prior know – text her on 07786 924732 or email email@example.com. Thank you!
Women’s Ministry meal – Monday 25th Sept
Dear sisters in Christ, you are warmly invited to join us for a meal on 25th Sept to mark our new season of Bible studies and to share fellowship together. The evening will start at 7.30pm and the cost is £5 per person. Please register for a place by completing the form here. If you have any trouble completing the form, please speak to Anne Holmes directly or Ruth in the church office.
Raising Kids for Christ in a Confusing World
Save the date!
Come spend the day with us on 20th January 2024 as we explore issues that are affecting our children in this confusing world. Together we’ll look at identity, gender, technology, sexualisation, media, relationships and more. The day consists of three sessions and is open to parents, grandparents, kids and volunteer leaders. Spaces are £5 each (payable on the day), refreshments will be provided (but bring a packed lunch) and the event will run from 9.30am-3.30pm.
Registration opens on Sept 24 so watch this space!
Save the date! Tearfund Big Quiz – 7th October
Get your teams ready for the Big Quiz, which promises to be an evening of fun while raising funds for a very good cause! Teams can have a maximum of 6 people and each person must register to attend on Eventbrite at cbcbigquiz.eventbrite.co.uk (or scan the QR code opposite). Tickets cost £5 per person which will be collected on the night. The quiz kicks off at 7pm. Any questions, please speak to Wendy Rowe.
Saturday 11th November 2023 @CBC
Level 2: 9:30-12:30am
Level 3: 1:30-4:30pm
Monday 12th February 2024 @CBC
Level 2: 7:00-9:30pm (approx.)
Steve Bryant will kindly be delivering the Webnet level 2 and 3 safeguarding training again for us. If you are involved with any children’s/youth work or work with adults at risk at CBC you should be attending a level 2 course every four years.
- Volunteers who did the online training in 2021 will need to refresh their training this year.
- It is Webnet’s preference that volunteers attend their church specific course even if training is provided through other workplaces.
Please, could you get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org either to let her know you would like to attend or if you would like to check whether your training has run out. Elspeth will also be in touch with people directly who require the training. Please put the date in your diaries if you can and need to attend. Thanks.
- Our Community Money Advice service is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Tel. 07895 716485.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-1pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.