Notices for Sunday 3rd December
6pm Praying Together
Don’t let the wintry weather keep you from coming along on Sunday evening for our monthly prayer service. You can download the prayer information in advance here.
Our Sunday morning services are live-streamed and recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, please sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning around Corsham (Sat 2nd)
Please join us tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Corsham. We’ll set off from CBC at 8.30am and hope you can join us.
Farm tidy up cancelled tomorrow
John P reports that the farmyard is too slippery and frozen for people to safely help with the tidy up ahead of ‘Born in a Barn’ next week. But more people are needed to steward and serve refreshments on the day so do let John or Hollie know if can help. And PRAY that the folks who come to this special event have a life-changing encounter with the Saviour of the world this Christmas.
KS2 children are invited to the Hang Out Christmas Party this coming Sunday afternoon at 4pm at church. It’s going to be fun! Any questions, please see Beth Mills or Rhiannon.
Anne Hankin thanksgiving service
Just a reminder that Mitch and the family invite all who knew Anne to attend the thanksgiving service and celebration of Anne’s life next Tuesday, 5th December at 2pm at CBC. No need to wear black – please wear something bright.
Possible youth initiative in Neston – can you help?
As we gear up to the launch of our two new works in the new year, we’re beginning to think and learn more about what some of the needs are in our community that are not currently being met in Corsham, Neston and Rudloe.
In discussion with the Anglican church in Neston, a need has been identified for youth provision in the community and the leaders there have reached out to see if something can be done in partnership with us. They have a core of kids known to them and in the past I (Dan) have helped run a youth group there, which was well attended. Together, we are exploring the possibility of running a youth initiative in the future, reaching the youth of Neston. If this is of interest to you and you would like to make a difference in young people’s lives, then please speak to Dan.
Prayer for Mission & the persecuted church – Tues 5th Dec
Join us on Zoom at 8pm next Tuesday for our monthly time of prayer for our mission partners and the persecuted Church. Zoom details are:
Meeting ID: 961 0065 2312
Midweek service – Weds 6th Dec
Come along on Wednesday at 2pm for our fortnightly midweek service. David M will be bringing us God’s word and refreshments will be served afterwards. You might want to note in your diaries that the midweek service Carol Service will be on Weds 20th Dec – all are invited to celebrate the Saviour’s birth with us!
Pilot services at Neston & Priory Street – Sunday 10th Dec
Just a heads up for your diaries that we’ll be holding final ‘pilot’ services for the new works at Priory Street and Neston next Sunday, 10th December.
Women’s Christmas Meal: Monday 11th Dec
Have you booked yet? There’s still time to grab a space at this special event! Join us on 11th December at 7.30pm in church for a fabulous Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, including the legendary hot chocolates! The cost is £12 and you can book here. …Come sparkly, come all!
CBC Ladies Retreat 26-28 April 2024 – reserve your space!
The women’s ministry team is excited to announce that registration is open for our 2024 retreat! Our theme is ‘Tender Heart’ and Hollie will take us on a deep-dive adventure into 2 Chronicles – looking at how our cold hearts are melted when we bring them to the fire of Christ’s love!
After such a special time at Windmill Farm this year, we’re headed back there and expect to have another fantastic weekend of fellowship, worship, prayer and teaching. Arrive from 4pm on Friday 26th and we’ll head home after lunch on Sunday 28th. The total cost for the weekend (full board including cooked breakfast/lunch/dinner, unlimited tea/coffee and endless cake) is £165 per person for a shared room or £235 for a single room. A non-refundable £40 deposit is due by 2nd January. To register online, click here to complete the booking form. For a printable version, download one by clicking this link.
Your deposit can be paid in one of three ways:
1. Cash – this can be given to Anne, Ruth or Hollie.
2. Cheque – made out to Corsham Baptist Church.
3. Bank transfer – sort: 09-01-54 | account: 03123488 | payment reference: LADIES24 (please let us know when you’ve done this so we can confirm your booking).
The retreat team are looking forward to this beautiful weekend, open to all CBC ladies!
AIM team feedback and RVA staff needs
What an amazing time Rhiannon and the team had at the recent AIM Kenya conference where they ran the children’s and youth programmes for the missionaries’ kids. There were many encouragements and a lot of fun had by all. They also had the opportunity to visit a youth project in the infamous Kibera slums in Nairobi. You can hear all about all of this as the team feeds back to us on Sunday 10th Dec at the evening Mission Focus Together service at 6pm. Karibuni wote! (Welcome everyone!)
Many of AIM’s missionary kids attend Rift Valley Academy, AIM’s boarding school in Kenya. RVA is facing some staff shortages for next year. Could the Lord be calling you to serve there for a year or longer? Do you know someone who is considering serving overseas? For more information about the school and its staffing needs, click here. Ruth and Steve Lancaster can also talk to you about RVA.
- Junior Church at the 9.15 and 11.15 services. More volunteers are needed to enable this ministry to continue. You don’t necessarily have to teach and it won’t be every Sunday. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. If you feel you can serve in this way, please complete the form here so that the necessary safeguarding checks can be done.
- Our Community Money Advice service is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Tel. 07895 716485.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-1pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin, Carol G, Brenda or Paul G for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.