We seek to grow the people of God in accordance with the Evangelical Alliance. You can read the Evangelical Alliance basis of faith here.
Our Purpose Statement
Growing in Grace
- Gifts: Growing in the service of God, each other, and the world
- Relationship: Growing closer together
- Adoration: Growing in giving glory to God
- Christ followers: Growing more like Jesus
- Evangelism: Growing in making Jesus known
- We will identify and obey God’s priorities in our lives. In a world where increasingly diverse demands are placed on our time and resources, our primary call is to be obedient to him.
- We seek to welcome and value all people. We set a high priority on sharing the good news with the lost.
- We believe that it should be the desire of every member of the church to continually grow in grace towards spiritual maturity and intimacy with God. We place great importance on the disciplines of personal prayer and Bible study.
- We believe that church membership is important. We believe that God’s people grow and are more fruitful when in a committed relationship with a local church.
- We believe that the church should be served by leaders who are Christ followers. They should have leadership gifts and be personally committed to the purpose, vision and values of the church. The church should support and care for those who serve in this way.
- We believe that the ministries of the church should be based on God given gifts. We believe that all Christians have gifts and talents that should be identified, developed and used for the glory of God.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired word. We believe that it speaks with eternal relevance into our lives. We believe that when the Bible is read, studied and taught lives are transformed.
- We believe that public worship is for God’s glory. We believe that God’s people draw strength and power from involvement in public worship. We believe that the style of public worship should be accessible to contemporary culture and to the church. We believe that corporate prayer empowers the church’s ministry and witness.
- We believe that we should strive to communicate unchanging biblical truth in culturally relevant ways.
- We believe in the importance of Biblical community. We want to develop committed relationships where individuals can love and be loved, serve and be served, celebrate and be celebrated, know and be known.
- We believe in mission. We believe that we are called to engage with God both in the sharing of good news with the lost and in the practical demonstration of God’s love.