On 2nd January Steve will be travelling to Senegal, where he and Gill lived and worked from 1990 to 2001 at the WEC run school for missionaries’ children. While there he will participate in the team conference, which is held every year at this time. WEC Senegal has several teams working in different parts of the country, doing both urban and rural evangelism and church planting among several people groups. Other team members are involved in running an orphanage for street children, teaching English, youth work, sports ministry, administration, guest house management and leadership responsibilities. Steve is very much looking forward to renewing fellowship with the members of WEC Senegal.
The conference will be held at Bourofaye Christian School, where Steve and Gill used to teach. In the photo you can see the children, missionary staff and local African staff.
Steve will teach seminars on child protection, and also do one of the devotional talks. After the conference he will stay on at the school to spend time with the staff and children, participating in the various activities going on, and also assisting them in addressing any issues where help is sought.
Please pray for Steve as he prepares for this visit. We know from our time overseas that a visitor can bring enormous encouragement. Pray also for the following points:
- That the seminars he gives will be effective, well understood and useful for all ministries and situations involving children.
- For his devotional talk, for the Holy Spirit to enable him as he prepares and delivers this.
- That his presence will be a help and an encouragement, both to colleagues that he has know for many years, and for those he has not met before.
- For wisdom in areas where he needs to give advice.
- For good health and safe travel. We praise the Lord that there is no Ebola in Senegal at this time.
- For Gill as she holds the fort at home.