The government has announced that we have moved to Plan B in response to the risks of the Omicron variant.
Their advice can be found at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus. However, specific advice for churches has not been updated.
The STRIPE Team met and have the following guidance for us as the church family from Sunday morning on 12th December to ensure that we all comply with the law and care for each other.
Please watch for updates next week as further government guidance is issued.
· You must self-isolate and get a PCR test if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
· You must self-isolate if you’ve been in contact with someone infected with the Omicron variant.
· You must wear a face covering in the church building.
· Guidance on singing is unclear, we will allow singing with masks on this Sunday.
· We will ensure doors and windows are open and fans on to circulate fresh air. Please dress accordingly.
· We will continue to have an area in the balcony for the rules as at July 2021.
· We ask you to take a Lateral Flow Test before attending church. Do not attend church if it is positive or inconclusive.
· People using a microphone will be able to remove their mask for clarity, as will those serving in junior church.
Due to health & safety issues with the windows, please do not open or shut windows but ask a congregational leader to look at this for you.
Rob Perks, Susan Wingrave and Ian Holmes
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on church activities throughout the week.