In-person services continue with increased capacity. Pre-booking is still required but please consider coming if you would like. You can book your family ticket (one per household) here – contact Cathy Simon if for any reason you are unable to book.
Please note that:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- distancing rules of 1m plus mask apply.
- Church on the Screen @10am: If you prefer a more active service rather than simply watching, a warm welcome awaits from Rob and the team. All details at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/
- Priory Street joint service @10am: https://youtu.be/YbEXONceEGY. This week our worship will be recorded. Then we continue the Good News according to Mark brought Alan Christie. You can read the passage : Mark 2:18-3:6 here.
- Please continue to pray for our preaching team as they prepare to bring God’s word to us week by week.
- Next week (23 May) Eddie will bring you Good News from Mark.
Zoom Junior Church
- KS1 junior church:starts at 10 am and the joining details are:
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74667394889?pwd=TTZFbE94Kzlwa2ZxMlMrK1JQd3NPdz09
- Meeting ID: 746 6739 4889
- Passcode: JCKs1
- KS2 junior church:starts at 11am and the joining details are:
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us04web.zoom.us/j/78440614259?pwd=OUtlaVN5Qm4zdzFzNEVsalY4VUp5dz09
- Meeting ID: 784 4061 4259
- Passcode: JCKs2
If you would like your child to participate in these sessions but haven’t done so already, please contact Rhiannon (email@example.com or mob (in directory)) giving permission for them to join.
There are safeguarding rules that we need to adhere to and in the first place parental consent is required for your children to take part in these meetings. Please could you send Rhiannon an email or text / message with the following (filling in the relevant information):
- I give permission for …………… to interact on zoom.
- I give permission for a leader to contact me (Parent’s name) by email/ phone/text for the purpose of setting up these Zoom meetings.And then add your name.
Church Meeting 17 May @ 8pm
The Eventbrite tickets have now closed for the Church Meeting on the 17th May. You may of course attend online:
- Computer or smartphone: https://meet.google.com/gqv-uapk-mrm
- Telephone (London call rate): 020 3957 0549 PIN: 196 426 011#
It is essential to our church culture that we meet together to discern God’s will but if you are minimising contact due to Coronavirus it will be possible to participate online. However, to vote you will have to deliver that in person to the church within 30 minutes of the ballot opening. There will be someone to collect your vote outside so you don’t need to come into the building.
The agenda is now available and reports will be forthcoming within the next week.
Ladies Bible Study 24 May 7:30 pm
Great news: We can meet in person for this month’s Bible study.
We are meeting on Monday 24th May at Corsham Baptist Church at 7:30pm…it is fast approaching.
Please book your place here.
We will of course be following all the government Covid-19 guidelines so please remember to bring your mask and your own Bible.
Zoom is available for those not able to join us in person.
Meeting ID: 829 7300 0518
Any questions, please contact Anne H, Victoria K, or Christine C.
Ark Children’s Service Sat 29 May 10:30
Please pray for the The Ark Children’s Service – for numbers and for the team preparing for the event.
It will be held at Corsham Baptist Church on Saturday 29th May, at 10.30 for about half an hour. There will be a take-home craft available. The service in church will be similar to normal with songs, Bible story and puppets.
There is still space if you would like to book.
Click on the link here to get your tickets!
We need to ask that masks are worn by over 11s and hand gel is used on arrival, please. You will be allocated seats to ensure social distancing with socially distanced entry and exit too. We would be grateful if you don’t attend if you have any Covid symptoms.
Souper Friday on Facebook
Souper Friday is now in Facebook! We want to reach local people who need support with food parcels, so if you’re on Facebook please ‘like’ the page and engage with the posts via likes/shares/comments. You can find the page here: www.facebook.com/souperfriday
If you have any questions about Facebook, feel free to contact Jasmine Warren.”
Activities during lockdown
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Several small groups meet and share online.
- Youth Groups- Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy Simon and/or Tim Stephenson by 12 noon on Friday