If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Cathy S. To maximise delivery please add info @) corshambaptists.org to your address book and check your spam folders.
Notices are also published on the Church homepage, typically early evening on Fridays.
CotG are meeting @10am at the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as online now. All details are at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/. Or Join Now
Alan C will bring the word from Mark 10:13-16; Music is led by Natalie O and intercessions brought by John P
Streaming is from the 09:15 service. You can join here.
Gathered to Pray
Steve and Gill Bryant are leading the prayer meeting on Zoom. Please join us using the details below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 862 1351 2483
The next Midweek Service is Wednesday, 10th November at 2pm.
YOUTH WORK ACTIVITIES
Hi Church. I know how much you desire to pray & support the youth ministry so below are some details about what is coming up to fuel your prayer for young people!
– Cornerstone Evangelistic Youth Cafe: Sun 14th Nov 7-8.30pm Scout Hut.- The Meet Up [Joint Youth-led event co-run with Trinity Church, Chippenham] Fri 19th Nov 7-9pm- Baptism Services involving Young People: Sun 21st Nov (6pm) 28th Nov (9.15 & 11.15 services)- Rescheduled Youth Weekend Away: Fri 3rd – Sun 5th Dec. – Youth Christmas Meal & Awards: Sun 12th Dec.
And finally, to ponder: It is estimated some 95% of under 18’s in England & Wales don’t go to church, that’s around 12 million kids! If you want to see that number go down & would like to know how you can get involved in youth work in the future, please come & chat to me. Thanks, Dan.
Community Money Advice – Corsham
The Corsham Money and Debt Advice Centre will be open for face to face meetings from the week beginning 8th November. We are open from 7.30pm – 9.30pm on a Thursday evening and from 9.00am – 12.00midday on a Friday morning.
Meetings are for pre-booked appointments only, we are unable to deal with walk-ins. If you require help with your finances or know of somebody who needs help please could you e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org giving brief details, a name and a telephone number. One of the team will get back to you within 48 hours to arrange an appointment.
If you need to contact us by ‘phone you can leave a message on 01249 712075 however please be aware that we are only in the office on Thursday evenings and Friday mornings so we may be some time in getting back to you.
Toddlers Call for Help
We’re delighted to have so many people wanting to come to our Toddler group on a Thursday morning at CBC, but we really need more helpers. Please contact Heather C if you’re able to help in this way. And if you can’t help in person, please PRAY! (And for God’s wisdom knowing how to accommodate all who want to come with restricting numbers due to Covid.) Many thanks.
New timings for the Ark
Please note that the Ark has a new start time of 10:30 beginning November 27th 2021
Souper Friday: Can you help?
Souper Friday – we are planning to open up again for soup/roll/tea/coffee very soon!
We need volunteers to help run this event every Friday.
We still plan to continue with a small number of deliveries and have our ‘market stall’ open, whilst at the same time there will be refreshments available.
If you can help with…
- Food packing (market stall).
- Providing soup.
- Serve in the kitchen
- Sit in the coffee hall to listen and chat.
- Setting up/down.
…then please contact:
Colin Whiting, Esther Albon, Joan Cooper or Jo Sheringham.
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is open again for face to face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group Outreach: first Saturday of the month @ 10 am starting in the New Year 2022
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00noon
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am – 11:30am during term time.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – Contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy S by 12 noon on Friday
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on church activities throughout the week.