Please see the CBC website for important information about our Church Services as the country moves into Step 4 of the Government Roadmap from Monday 19th July.
If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Cathy S.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and check your spam folders if you are expecting to receive them but they did not arrive.
Notices are also published on the Church website weekly
Pre-booking is no longer required in order to attend services in person. Please consider coming if you would like.
Live streaming of the service will continue for those unable to attend. Do check with Rob D for arrangements at CotG
The sanctuary will be divided into two zones to support our fellowship needs:
upstairs for those wearing face coverings- no congregational singing
downstairs for those not wearing face coverings – congregational singing
Please note that:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- you will be asked to sign-in for test and trace purposes
- Church on the Screen @10am: If you prefer a more active service rather than simply watching, a warm welcome awaits from Rob and the team.
- COTG are opening for face-face services. All details at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/ Please note:
- Church on the Green is back in person this week (8th August). No booking is now necessary. The link to join the service online is: https://meet.google.com/ezs-ftbr-gtg
- Priory Street joint service @10am Link: https://youtu.be/bAyFG1pz2P4. Worship to be led by Joey and Eddie is preaching on Mk 6:14-44
- Midweek Service: The next Midweek Service is this Wednesday, 18th August
- Junior Church: will continue to meet in the garden during the summer, as we have been over the past weeks, except we won’t be limited to groups of 30. Bring a brolly if it’s raining, equally, bring a brolly if it’s sunny. We will have fellowship in the garden, in family groups at 10am and booking via eventbrite is no longer required. The hope is that now the restrictions have eased we will have the option of taking our service inside if the weather is too bad. At the moment I am asking a parent or parents to stay with their child/ren as I haven’t set up a rota for leaders/helpers yet. If you would like to take up a role within junior church, please let me know. I will be in touch over the summer with those who have previously served in this area to see if you are willing to come on board again. Once we have a rota and sufficient helpers in place, you will be able to leave your children for junior church (only if you feel child is ready to be left but there is no pressure to leave your child until they (and you!) are ready for this step). Thank you for your support and prayers. Rhiannon.
From the Bryants:
Thank you so much to those who prayed for us during the training course.
We finished it today. We were really encouraged to see how the group
bonded together, deepr than we would have expected over Zoom.
Please keep praying for them all as they transition to BCS and Cambodia,
and for those who will serve in the UK supporting missionary families..
Psalm on the Farm: Dates for your diary.
A reminder that Church this week is on the Farm at 11am – not at Priory Street. In case you have not been before – the address is Upper Combe Farm, Castle Combe, Chippenham SN14 7HE. There is plenty of parking available and stewards will be there to direct you. Stripe have met to consider what precautions we should take as this is the first time we’ve met on the Farm since restrictions were lifted on 19th July. Everyone will be invited to sign in for track and trace purposes and to wear one of the colour coded badges to indicate your preference for managing contact with others but there are no other regulations you need to follow. Neither Lateral flow testing nor confirmation of double vaccination is required due to us being outside. Toilet facilities will be provided and please bring a chair, any refreshments you need and not forgetting “bread and wine” for communion. Masks are not required but can be worn by anyone who wishes to do so and hearty singing is hugely encouraged! Please just use the copious space available and respect some sensible distance from others, particularly whilst singing. It should be a great occasion to meet free of almost all restrictions for the first time in a year and a half and we hope as many as possible will feel safe and able to join together in person to worship our great God together.
Psalm on the Farm is also planned for the first Sunday of Sept. and Oct. Each service will include communion.
Our outdoor services are, of course, subject to change, so do check the notices on the Friday before.
Sunday September 5th
Sunday October 3rd
Souper Friday on Facebook
Souper Friday is now in Facebook! We want to reach local people who need support with food parcels, so if you’re on Facebook please ‘like’ the page and engage with the posts via likes/shares/comments. You can find the page here: www.facebook.com/souperfriday
If you have any questions about Facebook, feel free to contact Jasmine Warren.”
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Several small groups meet and share online.
- Youth Groups- Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy S by 12 noon on Wednesday