Notices for Sunday 18th December
9.15 at Priory Street
10am at Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. This Sunday is our DIY nativity – come dressed as a character and get involved! Rob D will bring the Word and worship will be led by Dave M and Debbie R. Intercessory prayers will be led by Jenny. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Carols by Candlelight at 6pm
“Mild, He lays His glory by, born that man no more may die.” – such familiar words from a lovely carol and so rich with meaning. What a blessing to be able to celebrate Christ’s birth as a church family at our carol service on Sunday evening. There’s no need to register in advance, simply come and bring your family, friends and neighbours with you. For those unable to attend, the service will be streamed online – click here to join. For those who would like to come but want to socially distance, you will be able to watch the service on the TV screen in the coffee hall. Refreshments will be served after the service.
Gifts received at the carol service will go to support our mission partner The Oasis Centre in Austria in its ministry of providing practical and spiritual help to refugees. You can give in a number of ways:
● Cash gifts placed in the offering box at Priory Street;
● Cheques (made out to Corsham Baptist Church), enclosed in one of the brown envelopes marked Gift for Oasis and placed in the offering box. If you’re able to Gift Aid your donation, please use the yellow envelopes which are available on the table at the back of church;
● Donate online: please use the Corsham Baptist Church account with Lloyds (Sort Code: 30-91-99 Account Number: 01480604) and reference the payment “Oasis”. If you do this and have a current Gift Aid Declaration, we will automatically reclaim gift aid unless you advise us otherwise.
Saturday 24th at 6pm – Christmas Eve communion service
Sunday 25th at 10am – Christmas Day service at Priory Street for all congregations
We have lots of flyers advertising the Christmas services at Priory Street – these are ideal for popping through your neighbours’ doors. You’ll find them the table at the back of church – please help yourself!
Born in a Barn – thank you!
Thank you so much to all who made the nativity on the farm last Saturday run so smoothly, those who helped out behind the scenes, all the performers and those who stayed to clear up afterwards. It was a cold but epic day with around 240 visitors, many of whom weren’t regular church folk. An amazing £150 was raised for the work of Compassion. Let’s continue to pray for the ongoing impact of the message and the connections made during the day. Head to our Facebook page for pictures from the day.
Midweek service – Weds 21st Dec
You are warmly invited to join us for our Midweek Christmas service at 2pm next Wednesday. Refreshments will be served after the service. All offerings received at the service will go to the Oasis Centre.
These days, hope often feels hard to come by. Where can we find a hope that won’t disappoint? Hope Explored is a short course that shows that Christianity is about real hope: a joyful expectation for the future, based on true events in the past, which changes everything about my present. Hope Explored is one of the easiest ways to introduce someone to Christianity. Rob D will be running the course at 7pm across three Saturdays in January: 7th, 14th and 21st. Please prayerfully consider who you might invite – there are small flyers on the table at church for you to give out. Places on the course can be reserved via Eventbrite here, or use the QR code opposite.
Christmas cards for our mission partners
When you’re at church on Sunday, please take a moment to sign the Christmas cards that we’ll send to our mission partners.
Don’t forget to collect any cards left for you from the stand at the back of church.
Town carol service – Tuesday 20th Dec
Corsham churches warmly invite you to attend the town carol service from 6.45pm on 20th December. We will start on the High Street outside Haine & Smith and proceed down to the Corsham Court car park. Wrap up warmly and join us to celebrate the birth of Jesus through songs and readings. Leaflets with details and a list of the Christmas services at local churches are available on the table at Priory Street.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless otherwise notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.