Notices for Sunday 2nd Oct – Joint Harvest Thanksgiving Service at 10:30
Joint service – 10.30am at Priory Street
We will be meeting as one congregation on Sunday as we celebrate God’s abundant provision for us. John P will bring the message from 2 Corinthians 9:6-15 and worship will be led by Nathan C. Intercessory prayers will be led by Rob P. The service will be streamed online – click here to join.
Our offerings on Sunday will be given to Tearfund to support its work in seeking to eradicate worldwide poverty.
- Cash or cheques (made out to Corsham Baptist Church) should be enclosed in one of the brown envelopes marked “Tearfund” that you can pick up from the table at church, and placed in the offering box.
- Alternatively, simply look for the printed QR code posted up around the church building and scan it with your phone. This will take you to a JustGiving page where you can make your donation.
- You may wish to give through Tearfund directly at their website.
With regard to Gift Aid:
- If you have a current gift aid declaration and you give through CBC either by cheque or online, then we will automatically reclaim gift aid unless you advise us otherwise.
- If you give through JustGiving or Tearfund directly, then you will have the opportunity to complete a gift aid declaration online at the time of making your donation.
Harvest gifts of non-perishable food and toiletries will also be gratefully received and distributed to needy families by our Souper Friday team. The following items would be useful: rice, pasta, tinned soup, tea, coffee, cereals, tinned fish, jams etc, and toiletries such as shampoo, toothpaste and hand soap are also helpful. Thank you!
Gathered to Pray – 6pm
We encourage you to join us on Sunday evening for an hour of prayer together as we lift up the needs of our world, community and church to our loving Heavenly Father. You don’t have to pray out loud to join us so don’t let that thought put you off. You will bless others just by being there. The focus for our prayers will be the ministry of Tearfund.
Prayer for mission & the persecuted Church
Our next mission prayer meeting will be held on Tuesday 4th Oct at 7.45pm on Zoom, details below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 961 0065 2312
Election of Safeguarding Deacon
We are so thankful to Ian H for temporarily overseeing our safeguarding responsibilities for the last few months. We are now calling for nominations to fill this role long-term, which will be voted on at the next Members’ Meeting on 17th October. Please prayerfully consider who you might nominate (you will need to seek their consent to be nominated) and submit your nomination via the church office before Sunday 9th October. Nomination forms can be found on the table at the back of church.
Cultural issues – Sat 8th October
Rob D will be speaking on the issue of euthanasia and looking at what the Bible teaches on this subject. Join us at 1.30pm at Priory Street.
Mark the date – Church Members’ Meeting
All who attend Corsham Baptist regularly are welcome to join us at our next Church Meeting on Monday 17th October at 8pm. Among the items on the agenda, we will be voting on nominations for the role of Safeguarding Deacon.
Church office closed
Please note that the church office is closed until Tuesday 4th October as Ruth is on holiday. She won’t be dealing with emails during that time.
Light Party – 31st October
Please join us for our annual Light Party on Monday October 31st 5pm – 7pm.
We will be clearing the chairs from the sanctuary after the morning services on Sunday Oct 30th, please stay and help if you are able. We really need help to move the chairs back after the event too, this is usually the most difficult part of running this event as we don’t have much help to do this. Please come at 7.30 onwards (on Monday 31st) to move the chairs back if you are available, many hands make light work as they say!
Volunteers and helpers are needed on the night, before and after the event. We will need helpers on the night to supervise children, sign in a register for the event, serve refreshments and man the kitchen. I’m calling all bakers too, if you are able to bake a cake, biscuits or savoury snacks please let Rhiannon know. Above all, please pray for this event and all the children who will be attending, that they may really learn about Jesus The Light of the World.
For more information speak to Rhiannon.
Book your tickets on Eventbrite.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless other notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.