In January we started “Souper Friday”, a free lunch of soup and bread, tea and coffee from 1 to 2.30pm every Friday in Corsham Baptist Church hall. Since the lock down we have taken this ‘on the road’ in the form of delivering food parcels along with a socially distanced chat and prayer! We are collecting groceries from local supermarkets to enable this and reducing food being thrown away at the end of the day. This is available to all church folk and the wider community in Corsham, Chippenham and surrounding areas.
We need volunteers to :
- Assist Joan and Jo with phone calls to clients ;
- Assist with collecting food from Chippenham or Corsham ;
- Assist with sorting food for delivery (Thursday evening) ;
- Deliver food, chat and prayer (Friday morning) ;
- Assist with meeting additional needs.