If you are visiting today, we're thrilled to have you with us. We come here to worship God by singing, preaching the Bible and praying together. God is the highest priority in our lives because through Jesus we have forgiveness from our sins and the hope of a new life spent with Him!
- Please switch off your mobile phone when you come in to the hall.
- Please remember to park in one of the town car parks; not along Priory St.
- Please ensure your child/ren do not play on the stage, up in the balcony or in the graveyard either before or after the service.
- We have large print bibles available for anyone who might need one. Please ask one of the ushers.
- Church on the Screen, Sunday @ 10am: Details at https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/
- Joint service @10am: Eddie begins a series on Daniel in Priory Street and online. You may also download a transcript here. Some of you have been saying that you’d not want to deprive someone else of space in church but I can tell you we have not yet reached capacity so don’t be shy. If we do run out of space we will put you top of next week’s list.
In the current circumstances church leadership felt that we should not attempt a ‘proper’ church meeting. However, there are some important things to share. No decisions will be sought at this stage it is just a question of keeping you all informed. Therefore the church meeting will now be recorded on Monday 12th October, published on YouTube and followed by a Question and Answer session on the 19th. If you know anyone not able to access YouTube please leave a message with the church office and we’ll get you a printed summary.
The return of The [Sunday evening] Gathering!
On the third Sunday we will be Gathering to Praise. This will be a combination of worship and testimony premiering on YouTube at 6pm and available for you to rewatch whenever you like. At this extraordinary time God has doubtless been teaching you, refining you or blessing you so why not encourage your brothers and sisters by sharing it? Contact Rob.
Mission Prayer meetings
We would love you to join us to pray for our missionaries, Open Doors and mission organisations on a Tuesday evening, once a month. This is a great opportunity to receive up to date prayer requests from our missionaries and join together as a church to pray for their work. If you are not confident to pray out loud, don’t worry, you do not need to. If you would like to join us, to receive an email with the updated prayer requests, or to know more than please contact Wendy Rowe.
Meetings are held at 7:45pm via Zoom. Here are the dates for the next three meetings.
- Tues 13th Oct
- Tues 3rd Nov
- Tues 1st Dec
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.Ephesians 6 v 18
Souper Friday Volunteers needed
In January we started “Souper Friday”, a free lunch of soup and bread, tea and coffee from 1 to 2.30pm every Friday in Corsham Baptist Church hall. Since the lock down we have taken this ‘on the road’ in the form of delivering food parcels along with a socially distanced chat and prayer! We are collecting groceries from local supermarkets to enable this and reducing food being thrown away at the end of the day. This is available to all church folk and the wider community in Corsham, Chippenham and surrounding areas.
We need volunteers to :
- Assist Joan and Jo with phone calls to clients ;
- Assist with collecting food from Chippenham or Corsham ;
- Assist with sorting food for delivery (Thursday evening) ;
- Deliver food, chat and prayer (Friday morning) ;
- Assist with meeting additional needs.
You don’t need to commit to serving every week. Please contact Colin (details in directory).
Prayer news from Steve and Gill
Steve and Gill’s latest prayer is available to read or download here.
Unfortunately, due to Covid restrictions the annual youth weekend will not be taking place in the Autumn half term. As a result, I’d ask that you please pray and consider the following two things:
Firstly, without the weekend away or the summer camp this year, the youth have missed out on two key opportunities they would normally have for a prolonged time together to help them grow relationships with each other and with God. Please pray that the absence of these opportunities would not hamper young people’s walk with God. Pray that God would overrule and despite the restrictions, that young people will bond with one another and through the weekly youth meetings grow in their relationship with God.
Also, for the last several years we have benefited from holding the weekend away at Woodcroft Christian Centre. They have been very good to us, and the centre has been fundamental in many of our young people’s Christian journeys as well as my own. However, with no overnight stays allowed under Covid restrictions, Woodcroft find themselves short of finances. Please consider whether you can support them in one of the following ways:
- Family Lets: If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in a Covid-secure break please contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newsletter: Subscribe to support and keep up to date with all that’s happening at
- Watch the chairman of trustees explain more at https://www.facebook.com/WoodcroftChristianCentre
Women’s Bible Study
Study notes for the next meeting on 26th Oct, 7:30pm are all available here.
Men in a Barn
On Tuesday 10 November there will be a Men’s Ministry evening at the Prior’s Farm. There will be prayer, worship and a short address as well as a chance to catch up over fish and chips. Please register free via EventBrite.
Please remember bookings are needed for all events at the moment so we do not exceed capacity. You can do this by leaving a message on the office phone or use the contact form.
If your small group wants to meet in person and does not have enough space to meet at the recommended distance the Sanctuary @ Priory Street is available. This needs to be booked and virus-limiting precautions taken but we will seek to make it available to as many as we reasonably can.