Good news! We are continuing with in-person services this Sunday (28th). There will be a Midweek Service at 2pm on the 31st as well as a Good Friday service on the 2nd at 10am at Priory Street. At this stage there is still no congregational singing
Numbers will be limited and pre-booking is required please. – contact Tim or the Church Office to do this
There is some sign from the Baptist Union that we may be allowed to meet and even sing outdoors to celebrate Easter Sunday. We have decided start planning this and pray it will indeed be allowed.
- Church on the Screen @10am: If you prefer a more active service rather than simply watching, a warm welcome awaits from Rob and the team. All details at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/
- Priory Street joint service @10am: 2 Peter – ‘Heading for Home’ Part 6. Try to read the whole letter in advance – just three short chapters
Zoom Junior Church
- KS1 junior church:starts at 10 am and the joining details are:
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74667394889?pwd=TTZFbE94Kzlwa2ZxMlMrK1JQd3NPdz09
- Meeting ID: 746 6739 4889
- Passcode: JCKs1
- KS2 junior church:starts at 11am and the joining details are:
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us04web.zoom.us/j/78440614259?pwd=OUtlaVN5Qm4zdzFzNEVsalY4VUp5dz09
- Meeting ID: 784 4061 4259
- Passcode: JCKs2
- If you would like your child to participate in these sessions but haven’t done so already, please contact Rhiannon (email@example.com or mob: 07579062921) giving permission for them to join
- There are safeguarding rules that we need to adhere to and in the first place parental consent is required for your children to take part in these meetings. Please could you send Rhiannon an email or text / message with the following (filling in the relevant information):
- I give permission for …………… to interact on zoom.
- I give permission for a leader to contact me (Parent’s name) by email/ phone/text for the purpose of setting up these Zoom meetings. And then add your name.
Lent reflections by 9:15 and CotG
A message from the Ovens’
A great big thank you to those who have been involved in the planning of the extension as well as those who have generously given. It is a wonderful space and we can’t wait to be using it for youth work. We are loving having the space and feeling thoroughly blessed! Much love the Ovens
Easter Thank Offering
Easter speaks of God’s love for us, and His will to spread that love among all peoples. On Sunday 4 April 2021, we will be holding an Easter Thank Offering to support the work of our Mission Partners. Our first priority will be to provide for those partners who would normally have benefitted from our Harvest, Carol and Nativity service offerings last year (Tearfund, The Oasis Centre, & Compassion), and thereafter where the need is greatest. The money raised will be lodged in our Restricted Mission Fund. Please do pray about how you can contribute towards this offering.
The easiest way to make an offering is by online bank transfer to the Corsham Baptist Church account at Lloyds Bank (contact the office or Treasurer if you need the details), and reference the transaction RES MISSION FUND. Alternatively, you could post a cheque to the Treasurer at Priory Street, clearly marked EASTER 21 THANK OFFERING on the reverse.
If you are able to book for the in-person service at Priory Street on Easter Sunday, please put your offering in the wooden offering box which will be placed at the back of the building. When the offering is taken, only the contents of plain envelopes (marked EASTER 21 THANK OFFERING) and loose cash/cheques will be included in the Thank Offering total. Blue offering envelopes will be treated as regular giving to the general work of the church.
Unfortunately, Covid operating restrictions prevent us from leaving supplies of the special yellow envelopes we normally use for Thank Offerings on open display in the building. However, if you have completed a gift aid declaration in favour of CBC, we will recover gift aid on your offering (cheques, and bank transfers only) unless you advise us otherwise.
Word Alive – Save the Dates!
Starting at 4 pm on Tuesday 6 April and continuing to 9th April, Word Alive will be streaming meetings to enable you and all the family to ‘Plug into the Word’ including activities for children and young people. Take a look at the website here.
And it doesn’t all finish on the 9th April either. Starting Monday 12th there will be weekly “seminar tracks’ with excellent Biblical teaching from renowned speakers – take a look here
Daniel calls for a Fire Pit
Not to re-enact Daniel 6 but to keep the young people warm and socially distanced during the planned Youth Easter Event. If you have a fire pit going spare that you are willing to loan to the youth pastor, please contact Dan Ovens
Souper Friday on Facebook
Souper Friday is now in Facebook! We want to reach local people who need support with food parcels, so if you’re on Facebook please ‘like’ the page and engage with the posts via likes/shares/comments. You can find the page here: www.facebook.com/souperfriday
If you have any questions about Facebook, feel free to contact Jasmine Warren.”
Activities during lockdown
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Several small groups meet and share online.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy Simon and/or Tim Stephenson by 12 noon on Friday