Why mission? Friday 29th @7:30pm
Apologies that this is a little last minute… I have just been made aware of this live question and answer session hosted by our WEC mobilisation department. There will be a panel of four people – one is the new director of WEC UK who spent many years in Thailand, and there is also couple we know who worked in Senegal at BCS and then in Tanzania.
The call is on Zoom, click the ‘contact us’ link to be provided a password to join. Steve and Gill
Church on the Green @ 10am
Rob will be leading interactive Bible Study and prayer as last week. You’ll be able to join online or via a standard phone call as follows:
Priory Street – joint service @ 10am
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5tpyZ_6K_hTov2tesd9yTA
- Audio & transcript: https://corshambaptists.org/sermon-intro/
The ‘new normal’ continues with prayer and fellowship – contact your LIFE group leaders for when and how that is happening. Or use the contact form if you’re not part of one but would like to join in.
Evening prayer @8pm
Maybe it is easier to concentrate in the evening, after the children are in bed? If you’d like to join a small group, via Zoom, for a couple of Bible readings and to share and receive prayer reach out to Joey, Natalie or use the contact form.
Midweek Congregational News
Please click on the link for latest MWS news https://corshambaptists.org/articles/midweek-congregation-news-issue-4/
Activities for various age groups will be live on the CBC Junior Church channel on Sunday morning.
The Ark is back this Saturday 31st from 10am! Please visit the link…
Benevolence Fund update
The Committee wish to acknowledge the Lord’s goodness and to thank all those who have generously contributed to the Fund over the last few weeks. A total of £9,228 has been received in gifts, and a further £1,789 is expected from gift aid, which has enabled the Committee to consider a number of the Church family who are experiencing financial stress at this difficult time and to make Grants totalling £2,700. Sadly, we do expect further cases of financial hardship as the blow to the economy caused by the measures to contain the Corona Virus lead to pressures on some who are self employed as well as those who may suffer job losses. We continue to rely on the Lord’s goodness in caring for our Church family and this is one way in which those who are able can reach out to other brothers and sisters in a very practical way. If you are able and wish to join in this demonstration of our love for each other, please speak to Roger who will guide you on how to make contributions. Also, if you are aware of a brother or sister who is experiencing financial hardship, please let one of the Committee know so that we can consider a grant to them. Rob P
After 19 years at CBC, the last five with Church on the Green, Jeremy and Louise du Toit have decided it is time to seek a new direction with the Lord. This has not been an easy decision but with both Zach and Courteney now starting careers and the challenges to their taxi business during the Covid crisis, this feels like the time for a new start. Louise has also tendered her resignation as Church Administrator and PA to Eddie and Rob. Her last day will be Monday 29th June. I am sure that I speak for all staff, trustees and members that we have really appreciated both Jeremy and Louise’s contribution to the church and we wish them the very best in where God leads them next and hope to catch up with them in the future. Courteney will remain a member and attender of the 11:15 service and Zach will attend CBC when he visits Corsham from Wales.
With the current uncertainties, CBC will not seek to replace Louise immediately but we hope to bring a plan to the church in due course. Tim
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoons: “Letter from ‘lockdown'” is Eddie’s devotional video. And as a bonus, on Fridays Nigel Coles publishes “Hope in uncertain times”. Everything is available on the CBC site here, with additional notifications via Facebook and Twitter.
- Tuesday evenings at 7pm: Zoom Meetings for junior church children (school years 6,7,8). Please contact either Wendy R or John P (in the directory).
- Each Wednesday and Sunday at 7pm, Lunn Green will be hosting a live prayer event. This is a great way to feel connected to the wider family at a time when many of us are isolated and under pressure. Please use this link to connect to the event.
- Wednesday 7.15 – 8.45pm Rooted – An opportunity for the young people (year 8+) to catch up and dig into the Bible together.
- Friday afternoons Deeper – This study group runs fortnightly virtually, and is made up of older youth/young leaders (by invitation).
- Friday 6.30-7.45pm Connect – This group launched last week virtually, and is for (year 7’s). It is an opportunity for the young people to enjoy some fun social interaction, as well as focus in on God through prayer and Scripture.
- Sunday evenings 7.15 – 8.45pm Impact – A youth club that runs weekly and virtually, where the young people can come together online, hang out, have fun, & deepen friendships.
Local Community News
Whilst we appreciate these are not Corsham Baptist Church matters or activities, given the nature of current circumstances and the different situations in which people in the congregations find themselves, we thought these might be of help to some folk…
- Allington Farm shop are doing deliveries if anyone is needing that. They seem to have plenty of slots available.
- AgeUk are doing regular phone calls to the elderly for a chat and to check up on people (‘assurance’ phone calls is what they call them!) on 0808 196 2424
Email: email@example.com & you can phone up to refer people to them.
- There is also a new ‘Daily Hope’ free phone number created by our ‘Faith In Later Life’ project/Archbishop of Canterbury and others, for people to choose from hymns, prayers, talks etc whatever denomination or of no faith on 0800 804 8044
- Corsham town council & other volunteers in Corsham to the extent of Wadswick Green location are willing to help with food shopping & deliveries, medication deliveries etc:
- Town Council – 01249 702130 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corsham Connections – email@example.com
- Corsham Link (transport for medical appointments but will also delivery prescriptions etc) – 07884 887105
- And there are others willing to volunteer to help people according to your location etc on the Wiltshire Council support directory – http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/downloads/22069 (No longer available as of Dec 20)
- Wiltshire Council has provision for helping those who need deliveries or any other issues with isolation at the moment – firstname.lastname@example.org 0300 003 4576
- They’ve also set up a list of resources for people during lockdown (keeping active as well as for those who are disabled, mental health, creative ideas & activities, etc) – scroll down each section to get past the stuff for children! http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/leisure-active-communities
- The Richmond Fellowship (there’s a branch that meets at a church in Chippenham) has set up phone calls etc for people who want someone to talk to on Telephone: 01380 724833 Email: email@example.com