Details of our Covid-secure measures now that we have moved into Step 4 of the Government Roadmap (from Monday 19th July) are on our website. Key points are:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- you will be asked to sign-in for test and trace purposes
If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Cathy S. To maximise delivery please add info (at) corshambaptists.org to your address book and check your spam folders.
Notices are also published on the Church homepage, typically early evening on Fridays.
Following last week’s service in the school…
A massive thank you to everyone who played a part in making the service on Sunday happen so smoothly both up front and behind the scenes; on the day, and in the run up. It was a real joy to see so many of you there, and so many serving with such joy. What a wonderful way to show our gratitude to Eddie and Kathy. — Rob
Our heartfelt thanks to you all for your outstanding kindness to us as we begin retirement, and especially for making last Sunday so special. We carry you everywhere with us in our hearts, and always will. May grace, mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ continue to be yours in abundance, and may the Holy Spirit make every one of us fruitful for Christ as we begin this new chapter. — Eddie and Kathy
Sunday 10am @ Church on the Green
CotG are meeting at the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as online now. All details are at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/. Or Join Now
Sunday 11am Harvest celebration @ Upper Coombe Farm
Note this month we will be in a barn, continue 400m further along the main road and turn right after the Manor House Golf Club. Access is easy for those with mobility issues and well ventilated so wrap up warm. Bring a chair and elements to celebrate communion together.
Junior church will have their own barn adjacent!
Sunday 6pm @ Priory Street
As it’s the first Sunday of the month there will be a prayer meeting in the evening at Priory Street.
The next Midweek Service is this Wednesday, 13th October at 2pm.
Harvest is a time which speaks of God’s amazing provision for us, and this year we are planning to hold a Harvest Festival celebration “On the Farm” on Sunday 3 October. This year, our Harvest offerings will be used to support the work of Tearfund, so please do pray about how you can contribute towards this.
Covid 19 may make things a little more awkward than normal, but you will be able to give through CBC in a number of ways, and in certain circumstances you will be able to Gift Aid your donation (more details about this aspect are outlined below):
- Cash or cheques (made out to Corsham Baptist Church) should be enclosed in a sealed, plain envelope simply marked “Tearfund” and placed in the offering box at Priory Street, or on the day at the Farm.
- If you are unable to come to Priory Street, then your donation enclosed in a marked, sealed envelope could be handed to one of the Treasury Team either Michael P, Reinier S, & Roger H, or to Paul G at Church on the Green.
- If you would like to donate on line, then please use the Corsham Baptist Church Lloyds account and reference the payment “Tearfund” (contact the church office if you are unsure of the details).
- Alternatively, you may wish to give through Tearfund direct, and here is a link to help you do this, and give you the opportunity to find out more about their work: https://www.tearfund.org/campaigns/harvest-appeal
With regard to Gift Aid:
- If you have a current gift aid declaration and you give through CBC either by cheque or on line, then we will automatically reclaim gift aid unless you advise us otherwise
- If you give through Tearfund direct, then you will have the opportunity to complete their gift aid declaration, on line at the time of making your donation.
Audio visual team – next Saturday
On Saturday 9th Oct Ben and Tim will be offering to show you through the use of the sound desk and / or broadcast studio that together deliver sound to the room, to the people at home and to the long tail of people who come across these things on the internet. Come to either or both as you wish, though it would be helpful if you could let one of us know.
No pre-requisite skills are required beyond enthusiasm.
- 10:00 Sound desk. Even if you have used the sound desk pre-pandemic it would be helpful for you to come and see the tweaks made since.
- 10:45 Coffee (or tea!)
- 11:00 Stream. And because that is too easy on its own, projection of lyrics.
We work in a team of three, one sound, one stream and one co-ordinator. So don’t worry, you will not be thrown into a rota to sink or swim, we’ll follow up with on-the-job training.
And if you’re interested but can’t make this day, speak to anyone on the desk at the back of church next time you’re there.
Light Party 2021
The light party will be in person this year, it will be held on Sunday 31st October 5pm – 7pm at church. For more information contact Rhiannon (in the directory or via the Church Office). Places are limited and tickets are available here:
Your help is needed
Please also contact Rhiannon, if you are interested in serving at this event or if you could help move chairs after the morning services and also to put them back after the event (approx. 7.30pm), ideally a team of approx. 10 people.
Thank you, Rhiannon
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Small groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy S by 12 noon on Friday