Please see the CBC website for important information about our Church Services as the country has now moved into Step 4 of the Government Roadmap (from Monday 19th July).
If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Cathy S.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and check your spam folders if you are expecting to receive them but they did not arrive.
Notices are also published on the Church website weekly
Pre-booking is no longer required in order to attend services.
Live streaming of the service will continue for those unable to attend. Do check with Rob D for arrangements at CotG
The sanctuary will be divided into two zones to support our fellowship needs:
- upstairs for those wearing face coverings – no congregational singing
- downstairs for those not wearing face coverings – congregational singing
Please note that:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- you will be asked to sign-in for test and trace purposes
- COTG are meeting at Rudloe as usual this week. If anyone is unable to join in at the farm, but would still like to gather for worship, they would be very welcome All details at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/ The link to join online is here
- Priory Street joint service Psalm on the Farm @11am Link: https://youtu.be/bAyFG1pz2P4. Music led by Matt G. : Intercessions by Matt/Kirstyn L and Josh H will preach from Psalm 103
- Midweek Service: The next Midweek Service is this Wednesday, 15th September at 2pm
- Junior Church: Rhiannon will provide separate teaching for the children at the farm on Sept 5th so bring a rug or seat for your child to join in with junior church. Speak to Rhiannon for more information.
CBC week of prayer, Sunday 5th – 12th September.
With the search for a Senior Pastor in progress, the move out of lockdown, the beginning of the new academic year, and updates to our church leadership structure, the need for prayer is as urgent as it has ever been in the history of CBC. And so, we’re calling every person who’s a part of the CBC community – yes, every one of us – to make prayer a priority for this week.
Who can join in? Everyone! All ages and stages can join in. Why not encourage toddlers and children to pray for our church, too. We’re conscious that some may be anxious about meeting in-person in the church building at this time, so there are opportunities to gather in Priory Street on both Sundays, but also opportunities both to pray together in person, and to pray individually, too.
How can I do that? It doesn’t need to be kneeling next to your bed (but you can if that’s where you pray best). Here are some other suggestions:
- Pray together at Priory Street: 6pm on Sunday 5th September and Sunday 12th September to start and end the week.
- Dedicate your LIFE groups, formation groups, youth groups, small groups, prayer partners, or any other time you get together as believers to praying for CBC this week.
- Go on prayer walks, prayer sits, prayer zoom meetings, prayer bumbles. (Not sure how to do that? See the How-To Guide attached to these notices called “How to prayer walk.pdf”.
- Use some of your private prayer time to lift up CBC before God.
- Commit to pray in one of the time slots during the week of prayer. We’ll have a sign-up list at the back of Priory Street from this Sunday morning. (You can commit individually or as a small group), or you can sign up by emailing Cathy S. at email@example.com
What should I pray for?
Please use this list to guide your prayers during the week of Prayer
Finally… We’ll close the week of prayer with a service of prayer on Sunday 12th at 6pm at Priory Street. We can gather and encourage one another with answered prayers, and by sharing what we feel God has been teaching us during the week. We’ll have a box at the back of Priory Street if you want to share how God is speaking to you throughout the week, or you can email Rob Durant at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (ESV)
Psalm on the Farm: Sunday 5th September
Hopefully the weather will be slightly drier than last time!
Bring your own Communion and all are very welcome to stay for a picnic afterwards and a good catch up with friends.
If getting to the farm is problematic, then please contact the church office and we will try to arrange a lift. Volunteers are needed to drive cars/ minibus – please get in touch if you can help.
In the interests of making the service as accessible as possible, those who may struggle with mobility are welcome to drive their cars through into the field and remain in them if this helps. The team are also looking into a live stream for any unable to attend but the cows are not currently fitted with Wifi so this is a challenge!
Junior Church on the Farm
Rhiannon will provide separate teaching for the children at the farm on Sept 5th so bring a rug or seat for your child to join in with junior church. Speak to Rhiannon for more information.
Next Steps for Junior Church
From September 12th we will be running 2 groups for children in Junior Church. We will continue to meet in the garden at 10am for worship together before splitting in to 2 teaching groups; a younger group that will be for children up to year 3 and an older group for years 4 to 6. We will run two separate groups providing there are enough children in each group to make it viable. You will be able to leave your child with us and join in the service in the sanctuary. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to speak to Rhiannon to find out about serving in Junior Church, if you want to know more about children’s work Rhiannon can be found in the garden.
Toddlers at CBC
Toddlers starts again on Thursday 9th September and will be meeting each week apart from half term. It will be 10.00am to 11.30am (but may have to finish earlier if very wet). We’ll be meeting in the crèche, gazebo and gardens and will be booking 20 spaces each week on our Facebook page (to see how it goes). We’re hoping to offer free play, craft table, singing time and refreshments -if we have enough helpers.
Please pray for the team, for new helpers and for reaching out to children and their carers with God’s love. And for good weather on a Thursday morning!!
Women’s Bible Study
A warm welcome awaits you at Women’s Bible Study on Monday 27th September starting at 7.30pm at CBC. We are about to embark on a new series and will find ourselves in the gospel of John where we will be looking deeper into the ‘I Am’ statements.
This is an invitation for all women at CBC and Church on the Green; an opportunity for fellowship and to study God’s Word together. You can download our first study here. We encourage you to look at this with your study buddy in advance. If you would like to be paired with a study buddy then please contact Anne H, Victoria K or Christine C. Contact details can be found in the church directory.
Women’s Ministry Team
Bike for Bible’s 2021
Corsham Baptist Church supports Bible Society and we’re also very passionate about everyone having a Bible. Matt and I are doing a sponsored bike ride 6-9 September, riding 200 miles over the Devon Coast to Coast route. The money we raise will be used to provide Bibles for Sunday Schools in Malawi. If you’d like to sponsor us, please visit our Just Giving page. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wingraves-bikeforbibles2021. Thank you for your prayer and financial support.
Matt & Sue Wingrave
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Several small groups meet and share online.
- Youth Groups- Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy S by 12 noon on Wednesday