Notices for Sunday 14th May
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
We will be sharing communion together at our services this Sunday.
Please be aware that our Sunday services at Priory Street are live-streamed/recorded on our YouTube channel. If you prefer not to appear on screen, you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk in Rudloe – tomorrow at 8.30am
Join us at 8.30am tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Rudloe, led by Alan C, as we continue to ask God to guide us in our plans to move from three Sunday congregations to two. We will set off from Broadwood School car park, Rudloe.
Come and be Craft-y!
All are welcome to join us at Priory Street tomorrow morning for our monthly craft group. We look forward to seeing you from 10am – please bring your own project to work on.
Hang Out – this Sunday at 4pm
Dear Key Stage 2 parents/guardians, please send your KS2 children along to Priory Street this Sunday (4:00-5:30pm) for fun, food & fellowship. Any questions, please see Beth Mills or Rhiannon.
A Call to Arise! this Sunday at 6pm
‘Arise, cry out in the night… pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to Him for the lives of your children’. You are invited to do just that – Arise and come along on Sunday night to pray for our children and youth – 6pm at Priory Street. See you there!
The Marriage Course
The next two sessions of our Marriage course are coming up later this month on 20th and 27th May from 2.30-4pm. This is an opportunity for married couples of all ages and stages, and couples preparing for marriage, to invest in their relationship with their spouse(/to-be) from a gospel perspective. Using Tim Chester’s Gospel-Centred Marriage as the foundation, this course encourages couples to build their marriages, rooting their responses in every situation in God’s word and the gospel of Jesus Christ. We look forward to you joining the course, even if you missed the first session. Please register to attend via Eventbrite – click here or scan the QR code.
Newcomers lunch – 28th May
If you’ve started coming to CBC over the last six months or so, we’d love to get to know you a bit better and for you to get to know us and ask any questions about church life. You don’t have to be a regular attender – if you’re still deciding whether CBC is the right church for you, you’re very welcome to join us. We will be meeting when the 11.15 service finishes at Priory Street in the Church Hall, so around 1pm, for an informal lunch which will include newcomers to CBC and a cross-section of church members and leaders – families and more mature folk! All newcomers, please sign up on the sheet on the table at the back of church or, if you know someone who meets that criteria, please do bring it to their attention. If you attend Church on the Green, just drop Ruth in the church office an email on email@example.com to register your attendance.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless otherwise notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.