Notices for Sunday 16th July
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Rob D will bring the Word from Romans 2: 1-29 and music will be led by Adrian & Jo. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Our Sunday services at Priory Street are live-streamed/recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
Souper Friday big breakfast – Sat 15th July
Although this event is now sold out, the Souper Friday team would be happy to have a few more volunteers to help behind the scenes. If you’re able to spare a few hours, please speak to Colin W or email him on email@example.com.
Church Barn Dance – Sat 15th July
We’re really looking forward to this event at the Selwyn Hall in Box. It’s not too late to get a ticket from the Ovens family, but even if you haven’t purchased tickets in advance, you’re still welcome to come and pay on the door! Tickets cost £5 per person. You’re asked to bring something for the bring-and-share buffet. If you need transport to Box on the night, lifts are available, leaving at 5.30pm from church on Priory Street.
Gathered to Praise – Sunday 16th July
Our monthly praise service will be held next Sunday evening at 6pm. Please join us to spend time in worship and to hear testimony of God’s goodness to us.
Church meeting: Monday 17th July
The next Church Meeting will be held on Monday 17th July at 8pm. If you regularly attend one of our congregations you are welcome to join us at that meeting. There are various items on the agenda, including the election of an Elder and a financial update members can access here. If you’re unable to attend in person please join the meeting on Zoom:
Meeting ID 826 4671 9292
Ben Francis (India): Ben and his family serve with BMS and we’ve been supporting them for a number of years. Ben’s most recent prayer letter is available on the table at church or you can read it here. Excitingly Ben is currently in the UK and will be coming to CBC in August! Please mark 6th August in your diary – he will be introducing himself at the morning service at Priory Street and sharing more about his ministry at the evening prayer service, and we’ll have the chance to ask questions. We’ll start at 5pm with cake and refreshments followed by the service. We’re grateful for him coming such a long way to meet us so let’s make every effort to attend.
Mission Update: this month’s Update with news and prayer needs is available to collect from church.
Church office closed
Please note that the church office is closed for a week while Ruth is on holiday. She will be back on Monday 17th July.
We do a great job at church with recycling – thanks to those who diligently sort the waste we produce into the correct bins. 🙂 Wiltshire Council has recently published an update to its recycling service which may be of interest to those involved in various ministries but also to all of us in general! Please click here to read it. We encourage you to get familiar with the list of items that can’t be put in the recycling bin (including bin liners and pizza-encrusted cardboard!) – click here. Let’s help care for God’s beautiful creation!
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.