Notices for Sunday 19th February
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Dan O will bring the Word from Matthew 5:1-12 and music will be led by Adrian & Jo. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Gathered to Praise – 6pm
Please join us on Sunday evening as we gather worship the Lord in song at our monthly praise evening.
Supporting CBC Financially: Pledging Information
As you may know from the recent church meeting, we’re facing a deficit of approximately £19k for our next financial year. This is due to costs having increased over the years since we last had a full pastor roster, but income remaining unchanged. There is a need for further recurring income to fund our year ahead (Sept 23-Aug 24) and we are asking people to prayerfully consider increasing their giving. We are asking people to increase their giving as soon as they can, but recognise that for some this is not feasible. We’re asking for giving to increase now, because it enables greater clarity around budgeting ahead of time.
If you are able to pledge additional monthly giving to the church to help support the running costs, please follow this link to complete a Google form. Paper copies are available at church for those who would prefer not to do this electronically – there is box on the table in which to place your complete form. Thank you for your prayerful consideration of this matter.
Brave Faith Night – Friday 24th Feb
Your prayers are needed for our young people as they participate in an event on Friday 24th Feb at CBC. Open Doors, a ministry which supports persecuted Christians around the world, will be sharing about what they do and challenging our youth to be braver in their faith. This event is open to youth from other local churches so feel free to invite them to come along from 7pm.
The Ark – Saturday 25th Feb
We would love to see you at The Ark on the 25th, a fun and interactive service for primary school-aged children, which will be held at Priory Street from 10.30am-12pm. Join us for songs, crafts, Bible stories and puppets! Your free place can be booked via Eventbrite here and you can keep up-to-date via the Facebook page here.
Women’s Bible Study – Monday 27th Feb
Dear sisters in Christ, we look forward to you joining us for our next study when Christine will be sharing from James ch. 3. Refreshments will be available from 7.30pm and we will start at 8pm. If you’re unable to join us in person, here are the Zoom details. Study buddy sheets are available at the back of church or to download here.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88078505450?pwd=ZkNNT0JhQVExYVJ5QncxM3BBeDFjdz09
Meeting ID: 880 7850 5450
World Day of Prayer – Friday 3rd March
CBC will be hosting this year’s World Day of Prayer service at Priory Street at 2pm. The theme for this year is based on Ephesians 1:15-19, in which Paul gave thanks to God for the Ephesians living out their love and faith, and prayed that they would see these three truths: the hope to which God has called the disciples, the riches of God’s glorious inheritance among the saints, and the immeasurable greatness of God’s power. You are warmly invited to join with folks from other local churches for this service of worship and prayer.
A window on the world – stories and challenges from overseas missions – Sunday 5th March, 6-7pm
Come and hear the stories that never get into the media. Learn what it is like to be a missionary in some of the hardest places. Pray with us and be inspired. For more information, contact Steve or Gill Bryant.
Help needed for Trinity weekend away
Our friends at Trinity Church, Chippenham, are having a weekend away in April, to Ledbury. They’ll be running a children’s programme during the weekend and are expecting 40-50 kids to attend. But they could do with some help and wonder if anyone at CBC would be willing to lend a hand. You would be needed on Saturday 15th April only, lunch would be provided and no overnight stay is required. You would need to hold a DBS certificate to help out. If you’re willing and available please let Ruth in the church office know. Thanks.
Exciting teaching opportunities at Emmaus School, Trowbridge
Emmaus is a small Christian school providing education for children from reception to GCSE. They currently have several teaching vacancies – a formal teaching qualification may not be necessary as teacher training will be given. Click here to read more and find contact details.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless otherwise notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.