Notices for Sunday 19th March
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Adrian P will bring the Word and music will be led by Dave M. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Gathered to Praise – 6pm
Our evening service this Sunday will be our monthly praise service. Please join us for a time of worship and testimony.
Prayer for gospel expansion /prayer walks
As we seek the Lord’s will regarding the proposal to join COTG and the 9.15 service into a new congregation, it’s important to join together to pray as one body. We will have the opportunity to do that on Saturday mornings from 8-9am at Priory Street, starting from tomorrow morning and continuing indefinitely. Please do join us if you can.
In addition, the congregation leaders of COTG and 9.15 will be leading prayer walks over consecutive weeks starting in April and alternating between Rudloe and Neston. Dates and details will be announced nearer the time.
Hall Refurbishment – Helpers Required
A reminder that the new flooring will be laid in the coffee hall from week commencing Monday 27th March. Any ministries/activities taking place in the hall, middle room, offices and prayer room will be disrupted by this work, and ministry leaders will need to consider the practicalities of how they operate for that week.
Helpers are required on Sunday 26th from 2pm to clear the hall and offices.
Help is also needed to put everything back after the new floor is down on Saturday 1st April from 2pm.
If you are able to help with this please speak to Jonny Street or John Godwin.
Hang Out – date change
The next Hang Out was scheduled for Sunday 9th April but, as this is Easter Sunday, it’s been brought forward a week to 2nd April. Parents – please note in your diaries!
We will be running another Hope Explored course on the Sunday evenings of 23rd & 30th April and 7th May. Please prayerfully consider who you might invite to come along to discover the hope we can have in Jesus. You can register for the course via Eventbrite – click here or scan the QR code. Invitations to give to your friends and family will be available shortly.
What is it? An opportunity to invest in your relationship with your spouse(/to-be) from a gospel perspective. Using Tim Chester’s Gospel-Centred Marriage as the foundation, this course encourages couples to build their marriages, rooting our responses in every situation in God’s word and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Who’s it for? Married couples of all ages and stages, and couples preparing for marriage.
When is it? Five Saturday afternoons: 2.30 – 4pm: 15th April, 20th May, 27th May, 3rd June, 10th June
Where is it? Priory Street.
Please register to attend via Eventbrite – click here or scan the QR code.
Pray for Malawi – cyclone destruction
Our member Steve Lancaster, who serves with The Word For the World, requests prayer for those affected by Cyclone Freddy in Malawi. A TWFTW Bible translator – Arnold – has lost crops, goats and household items in the floods. Steve has received the following message from a local pastor: “Houses and church buildings have been taken away, rice, millet and maize fields have been swept away. We have also lost many lives. It’s a disaster! We have 100 people in our church who have lost everything. There has been no electricity in our region since the rain started (4th Feb). Though our friends have gone the Lord has spared us. I had 5 goats which were also taken by the waters [his livelihood]. We need your prayers as the damage continues.”
Ladyfield induction service
Ladyfield Evangelical Church will be inducting their new pastor, James Stewart, on Saturday 25th March at 3pm, followed by refreshments. Paul Mallard will be speaking, and all at CBC are warmly invited to attend.
Resurrection Play at St Bartholomew’s
The Mothers Union at St Barts has invited all at CBC to their production of a thought-provoking Resurrection play called ‘I Witness’, on Wednesday 5th April at 2pm. All are welcome to attend.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless otherwise notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.