Notices for Sunday 22nd May
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as online. Ian H will bring the Word from Exodus 2:23-4:31. All details are at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/. Or Join Now.
Annual Church Meeting – Monday 23rd May at 8pm
All are welcome to attend our annual church meeting this coming Monday at Priory Street. It’s an opportunity to look back over the past year and give God thanks for His faithfulness, and to look ahead to the future. Agendas and ministry reports will be available to collect from church on Sunday morning or you can download your own copy here. We want to encourage everyone to attend in person but if you will find it impossible to do so, please contact the church office by email (email@example.com) or telephone (01249 701078) by 5pm on Monday and you will be sent a link to join the meeting by Zoom.
Midweek service – Weds 25th May
You will find a warm welcome at our midweek service, which starts at 2pm at Priory Street. Come and enjoy a more traditional style of worship, a Bible message and stay for a cup of tea and cakes.
Souper Friday Café – Jubilee celebration! Friday 3rd June
Souper Friday will be celebrating the Jubilee! Come along from 9am for refreshments, strawberries and cream, or a yummy cream tea! We’re planning to broadcast the Thanksgiving Service from St. Paul’s Cathedral live!
Joint service on the green (the actual green!) – Sun 5th June
Plans are being made to meet for our monthly joint service on the green in Rudloe – we will literally be Church on the Green! We will meet at 11am for a time of open air worship and the Word, celebrate the Platinum Jubilee and glorify God together! Bring your folding chairs and picnics and gird your loins for a game of rounders! Please pray for this event – for the planning, the weather and that God will draw the community in to worship with us.
Commissioning service for Rob Durant, our new Senior Pastor – 12th June
We will be joining together as one CBC congregation on 12th June at 11am at Priory Street to formally welcome Rob as our new Senior Pastor. Eddie Larkman will be preaching and we are looking forward to celebrating God’s provision for us as a Church and to committing Rob to the Lord. The service will be followed by tea and cake and if you are able to help by baking or serving on the day, please contact Liz Perks who is coordinating the practical arrangements. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Opportunities to serve
1. Pam Mitchell has been faithfully leading the Craft Group for many years. She will be stepping aside from leading the group and we are looking for a new person to take over this role. If you feel that could be you, Pam would love to hear from you and talk you through all the details. Please note that June’s craft group will meet on 11th June, not the 4th due to the church being unavailable on that day.
2. Ben Ross would like to let you know that more help is required on the sound desk at the 11.15 services to assist with the streaming. If you or your tech savvy teenagers would like to help, please chat to Ben!
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless other notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com) by 12 noon on Wednesday.