Notices for Sunday 27th August
Our three Sunday congregations will meet together at Priory Street, starting at 10.30am (there will be no separate COTG service as the MOD community centre isn’t available). Rob D will bring the Word from Malachi 4 and worship will be led by Natalie O. Intercessory prayers will be led by Jonny S. The service will be streamed online – click here to join. If you would prefer not to appear on screen you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning (Sat 26th)
Please join us tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Neston, setting off from the Memorial Hall at 8.30am.
Midweek service – Weds 30th August
Come along on Wednesday at 2pm for our fortnightly midweek service. David M will be bringing us God’s word from John 18:28-19:16 and refreshments will be served afterwards.
Men’s Weekend Away: 1st-3rd September
It’s not too late to book a place on the Men’s Weekend Away – we would love you to join us! We’ll be staying at Windmill Farm Retreat Centre, Clanfield, OX18 2SN. The cost is £65 per person (concessions are available) – the priority is to have you there so please have a chat with Ian Holmes if funding is an issue. Teaching will be by Steve Lancaster on Ephesians Ch 1 over 3 sessions under the title “Who am I in Christ?” There will also be plenty of food, walks out, worship, and nightly fellowship around the firepit. Please click this link for a virtual tour around the venue. To book your place on the weekend please complete the Google form here. (If you have any trouble completing the form please contact Ian Holmes or Tom Bailey.) Payment details for online bank transfer are below:
Sort Code: 09-01-54
Account number: 03123488
Reference: Men’s Weekend 23
We look forward to seeing you there guys!!
Men’s Ministry Team
Church on the Green next Sunday, 3rd September
Please note that Church on the Green will be meeting at Neston Memorial Hall next Sunday, as the MOD Community Centre won’t be available. The service will start at the usual time of 10am.
A Little Update – Sunday 3rd Sept at 5pm
We’re excited to have an opportunity to hear directly from Stuart and Lynne Little next Sunday as they lead our monthly Gathered to Pray service. They’ve been serving with Mercy Ships for the past 5 years – come and find out what life is like on board ship, what they’re doing now and what their future plans are. We’ll start with refreshments and cakes at 5pm followed by the Littles’ presentation at 6pm with worship and opportunities to pray for them. If you’re able to provide cakes or biscuits please let Wendy R know.
Health & Safety matters
We take health and safety seriously at church and would like to draw your attention to the following two matters:
- Parents and guardians: please be careful not to let your children climb on any of the walls surrounding the church building, including in the garden area. Several stores are loose currently and we don’t want your children to fall and hurt themselves.
- There is a new defibrillator in the yellow metal box on the outside wall of the church building, near the side door. The code to open the box is written on its under-side. It’s straightforward to operate and will guide you through what to do. For a demonstration and answers to questions you might have, please take 10 minutes to watch the training video that has been provided here. Thank you – we demonstrate our care for each other when we take these things seriously.
We recently announced that a SWYM volunteer would be joining CBC in September. Unfortunately, due to a change in circumstances, this is now not the case. We may explore the possibility again next academic year.
We’re passing on the following message to you: “Please let the church know that mum and baby are doing well. Hopefully they will leave hospital tomorrow [message received on Monday]. Thank you for your prayers and support. Convey our gratitude and share the happiness to all. Love from Eldhose, Aswathy, Esther and Jake.”
- Community Money Advice is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 8pm on Zoom. Click here to join. Meeting ID: 961 0065 2312 Passcode: 282492
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm in term-times.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin, Esther, Joan or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.