Notices for Sunday 20th August
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Dan O will bring the Word from Psalm 100 and worship will be led by Dave M. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Our Sunday services at Priory Street are live-streamed/recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning (Sat 19th)
Please join us tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Corsham, focusing on our plans for the new works in Corsham & Rudloe/Neston. Alan C will lead us and we will set off from Priory Street at 8.30am.
Holiday Bible Club at Priory Street: 21st-24th August
We’re expecting the usual fun and games at next week’s Holiday Bible Club! Anything you can do to help would be appreciated. We need people to provide cakes/biscuits, serve refreshments, lead and help groups, join the worship band and help with registration. We also need some willing hands to put the chairs back in place on Thursday 24th at 7pm. Please speak to Rhiannon if you can help or would like to know more. Sign up sheets and more information is on the board at the back of church. Book your free places at: https://CBC-holiday-bible-club-2023.eventbrite.co.uk
Men’s Weekend Away: 1st-3rd September
It’s not too late to book a place on the Men’s Weekend Away – we would love you to join us! Details are below.
Venue: Windmill Farm Retreat Centre near Clanfield, Bampton, OX18 2SN (about an hour’s drive away). The cost is £65 per person (concessions are available) – the priority is to have you there so please have a chat with Ian Holmes if funding is an issue. Teaching will be by Steve Lancaster (not to be missed) on Ephesians Ch 1 over 3 sessions under the title “Who am I in Christ?” There will also be plenty of food (chef duties ably supplied by our brother Tim Hogg), walks out, worship, and nightly fellowship around the firepit. In the meantime, please click this link for a virtual tour around the venue.
To book your place on the weekend please complete the Google form here. (If you have any trouble completing the form please contact Ian Holmes or Tom Bailey.) Payment details for online bank transfer are below:
Sort Code: 09-01-54
Account number: 03123488
Reference: Men’s Weekend 23
We look forward to seeing you there guys!!
Men’s Ministry Team
A Little Update – Sunday 3rd Sept
We’re excited to have an opportunity to hear directly from Stuart and Lynne Little on the evening of Sunday 3rd September as they lead our monthly Gathered to Pray service. They’ve been serving with Mercy Ships for the past 5 years – come and find out what life is like on board ship, what they’re doing now and what their future plans are. We’ll start with refreshments and cakes at 5pm followed by the Littles’ presentation at 6pm with worship and opportunities to pray for them. If you’re able to provide cakes or biscuits please let Wendy R know.
If you’ve recently joined CBC and would like your contact details to go into the church directory, please email Ruth in the church office on email@example.com.
Next Sunday 27th August
Just a heads up that all three Sunday congregations will be worshipping together at Priory Street next Sunday from 10.30am. This is because Church on the Green will be unable to use the MOD community centre which will be out of action for a couple of weeks.
Webnet Finance Trustee
Webnet (West of England Baptist Network) is currently seeking to appoint a voluntary Finance Trustee, someone who has the right gifts and experience to lead in helping the trustee board understand, consider and be able to comment on financial information. For more information and a ‘job’ description please click here.
- Community Money Advice is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 8pm on Zoom. Click here to join. Meeting ID: 961 0065 2312 Passcode: 282492
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm in term-times.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin, Esther, Joan or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.