Notices for Sunday 29th January
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Rob D will bring the Word from Matthew 4: 1-11 and worship will be led by Dave M. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
The Ark – tomorrow!
We would love to see you at The Ark tomorrow, a fun and interactive service for primary school-aged children, which will be held at Priory Street from 10.30am-12pm. Join us for songs, crafts, Bible stories and puppets! Your free place can be booked via Eventbrite here and you can keep up-to-date via the Facebook page here.
Women’s Bible Study – Monday 30th January
Dear sisters in Christ, we look forward to you joining us for our next study when Hollie will be sharing from James ch. 2. Refreshments will be available from 7.30pm and we will start at 8pm. If you’re unable to join us in person, here are the Zoom details:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88078505450?pwd=ZkNNT0JhQVExYVJ5QncxM3BBeDFjdz09
Meeting ID: 880 7850 5450
Midweek service – Weds 1st February
You are warmly invited to join us at 2pm for our regular midweek service. David M will be bringing us God’s word from 1 Cor 15:20-28 on the theme of “Hope that we can share”, and refreshments will be served afterwards.
Souper Friday – new opening times
Colin and team would like to inform you that as from Friday 3rd February, Souper Friday’s new opening times will be 10am-2pm.
Craft Group – Sat 4th February
If you enjoy crafts, do join us at Priory Street from 10am-12.30pm. You will find a friendly bunch of ladies (open to men too!) and we would love to meet you. Please bring your own craft project to work on.
Hang Out – 5th February
Dear Key Stage 2 parents/guardians, February’s Hang Out has been moved from Sun 12th Feb to Sun 5th Feb due to half term commitments. Please send your KS2 children along to CBC on 5th Feb (4:00-5:30pm) for fun, food & fellowship. Rhiannon’s dusting off the parachute and is planning some physically active games, and there’ll be some Biblical content too. Any questions, please see Beth Mills or Rhiannon.
Souper Friday – live music!
Come along on Friday 10th Feb to hear two wonderful violinists from the Wiltshire Music Centre as they play a selection of songs for us in the Café between 12-1pm. This is a free event for everyone attending Souper Friday to enjoy.
The hall refurbishment continues well and the walls are now newly plastered! Please note that contractors will be laying new flooring commencing Monday 27th March and expected to take 4 days, although any delay or overrun could extend this. Any ministries/activities taking place in the church during that week will be disrupted due to the works taking place in the main hall, middle hall and the 3 side rooms, and will need to consider the practicalities of how they operate for that week. If anyone has any questions please speak to Jonny Street or John Godwin.
Women’s Retreat 21st-23rd April
Our Women’s Retreat venue is confirmed and we’ll be going to Windmill Farm which is a beautiful spot about an hour’s drive away. Sharon D will be teaching us from God’s Word. Arrival is from 4pm on the Friday. We’ll head home after lunch on the Sunday after a fun-filled weekend of fellowship. If that’s not enough to get you excited, have a look at the Windmill Farm website: https://www.windmillfarm.online/
The total cost for the weekend, full board (including a cooked breakfast!) is £162 for a shared room and £232 for a single room. A £35 non-refundable deposit is payable and you can download a booking form here. Your deposit payment can be made in cash, by cheque (payable to Corsham Baptist Church) or bank transfer using reference LADIES23 (bank details from the church office). Please let us know when you have paid your deposit so we can confirm your booking. We look forward to some wonderful fellowship together!
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless otherwise notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.