Notices for Sunday 30th October
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Ian H will bring the Word from Exodus 20:1-21 and intercessory prayers will be led by Jenny. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Don’t forget that the clocks go back on Saturday night! 🙂
The Ark – tomorrow!
We would love to see you at The Ark tomorrow, a fun and interactive service for primary school-aged children, which will be held at Priory Street from 10.30am-12pm. Join us for songs, crafts, Bible stories and puppets!
Cultural issues – tomorrow!
Rob D will be speaking on the sensitive and controversial issue of euthanasia, looking at what the Bible teaches on this subject. Join us at 1.30pm at Priory Street.
The Light Party – Monday 31st October
Join us for fun, laughter, snacks, games, crafts, a Bible story and of course, THE PUPPETS!!! This is a free event for primary school-aged children (parents don’t need to stay). Registration forms can be filled in on arrival or contact Rhiannon ahead of time and bring a completed form with you on the night to speed up the sign in process (email@example.com). Food will be served at the event so please contact Rhiannon to notify us of any food allergies or intolerances. Come dressed in your brightest and most colourful outfit or dress up in your favourite fancy dress (we ask that you don’t wear ‘halloween’ outfits please). It’s not too late to register – click here.
Prayer for mission and the persecuted church – Tuesday 1st November
Please join us on Zoom at 7.45pm as we pray for our mission partners around the world and the persecuted church. The Zoom details are below:
Meeting ID: 817 4340 8727
New process for claiming ministry expenses
We are launching a new process for people to claim the expenses they incur in the course of their ministry activities. The paper forms are being consigned to the 20th century and from now on all expense claims are to be submitted in digital form. Guidance notes on the new process can be found here. These changes will ease the administrative burden, reduce paper wastage and decrease the processing time. Tom L and Ruth will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Seeking God’s will going forward: pray for upcoming Oversight and Trustee strategy meetings
On Saturday 19th November and Monday 5th December respectively, the Oversight Team and Trustees will be gathering to prayerfully consider our church strategy going forward. This should help us make decisions and lead the church in a cohesive manner, centred around God’s desires and purposes for our gospel mission and ministry in this place over the coming months and years.
Please can I encourage everybody here at CBC to pray that the Oversight Team and Trustees might clearly discern God’s leading as we meet. As promised at the last Church meeting, we plan to share the result of our discussions with the Church at the January 2023 Church meeting when we will welcome questions and input from Church members before we finalise the way we believe God is leading us forward as a fellowship at CBC. – Rob Durant
Request for practical help
You might have noticed that the coffee hall is undergoing redecoration. If anyone is available on Wednesday evenings or Saturday mornings to lend a hand, please let John Godwin know.
Nativity on the Farm – registration open!
CBC on the Farm Productions is pleased to announce the return of Born in a Barn: The Farmyard Nativity. Join us on Saturday 10th December at Upper Combe Farm to hear the retelling of the birth of Jesus in the town of Bethlehem. After the nativity, refreshments will be served in the stone barn. There will be three performances and tickets are limited to 75 per show. Registration is now open – click here for your free ticket. Please book a ticket for all adults and children attending as we need to know exact numbers for health and safety.
Health & Safety ministry leader
We are so grateful to Tim M for his faithful service in this role for the last few years. Tim is now laying down this role and we are seeking someone else to take it up. If you are interested please let Sue Wingrave know. Many thanks.
If you would like to know who the leaders are of the various ministries at CBC, please contact the office or visit the church website.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless other notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.