Notices for Sunday 5th March
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. We will be focussing on prayer and music will be led by Dave M. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Craft Group – tomorrow at 10am
If you enjoy crafts, do join us at Priory Street from 10am-12.30pm. You will find a friendly bunch of ladies (open to men too!) and we would love to meet you. Please bring your own craft project to work on.
New Sunday congregation Q&A – tomorrow at 3pm
The leadership team will be giving us more information about the suggested new Sunday congregation and there will be the opportunity to ask questions. If you can’t be there in person the meeting will be streamed online and you can apply to Ruth in the church office for the link.
A window on the world – stories and challenges from overseas missions – Sunday 5th March, 6-7pm
Come and hear the stories that never get into the media. Learn what it is like to be a missionary in some of the hardest places. Pray with us and be inspired. For more information, contact Steve or Gill Bryant.
Mission prayer – Tuesday 7th March
There will be another opportunity for prayer on Tuesday, for our mission partners and our persecuted Christian family around the world. Please join us on Zoom from 7.50pm.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 961 0065 2312
Hall Refurbishment – Helpers Required
A reminder that the new flooring will be laid in the coffee hall from week commencing Monday 27th March. Any ministries/activities taking place in the hall, middle room, offices and prayer room will be disrupted due to these works, and ministry leaders will need to consider the practicalities of how they operate for that week.
Helpers are required please on Saturday 25th (morning) and Sunday 26th (afternoon) to move desks, cupboards, freezers and other large/heavy/bulky items from the floor areas. If you are able to help with this please speak to Jonny Street or John Godwin.
Men’s Chilli Night: Tuesday 14th March, 7:30pm at Priory Street
‘One Man’s Journey – from tsunami survivor to faith’. Come and hear our guest speaker as he talks about his experience of surviving the Indonesian tsunami in 2004 and his subsequent journey to faith. This is a great opportunity to bring your non-Christian friends along. The cost is £5 per person as a contribution to the chilli (payable on the night). Please register for your place via Eventbrite here so that we know how many to cater for. We look forward to seeing you there! Men’s Ministry Team.
HELP needed for Youth Summer Camp
This summer CBC is taking a group of young people to a summer camp at Stafford Showground. However, we have more young people wishing to go than we have space to accommodate! Currently we have maxed out the available spaces and we can’t consider booking more young people on the camp until we have an additional driver and leader to join us. As a result, I need your help! If you could sacrificially give of your time to enable us to take more young people then please speak to Dan.
What we require can be flexible, so if you can only help in part, please don’t rule yourself out. Our options are either:
(1) A leader who drives and can stay with us for the duration of the camp, or
(2) A volunteer to drive to Stafford and back on the morning of Saturday 29th July, a volunteer to drive to Stafford and back on the morning of Thursday 3rd August, and a leader to stay in Stafford for the duration of the camp, or
(3) Leaders who drive, one who can come on the 29th July and stay a few days, replaced by another who takes over and drives young people home at the end of the trip.
It would be fantastic to enable as many young people to come to camp who want to. Thanks for your consideration.
30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World
If you’re interested in learning more about and praying for the Muslim world, Wendy R has ordered a few copies of the 30 Days of Prayer guide. This year the guide focuses on 30 of the largest and most unreached for the Gospel cities on the globe. Join millions of Christians around the world in praying that there will be a spiritual awakening in each of these cities and that the name of Jesus would be proclaimed. The guide costs £1.60 and can be requested from Ruth in the church office.
Middlefields House prayer meeting
Middlefields House is a Christian care home in Chippenham, run by Pilgrim Friends. You’re invited to their next prayer meeting at 6pm on Thursday, 9th March. The meeting will take place in the Harvest Coffee Shop. For more information click here. For the latest newsletter, and to find out which CBC-er is now doing an ACE job there, click here!
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless otherwise notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.