Notices for Sunday 7th August
Joint service at Priory Street – 10.30am
We will be joining together as one congregation at 10.30am at Priory Street this Sunday – please note the earlier time! Rob P will be preaching on 1 John 4:9-10 and worship will be led by Nancy. Intercessory prayers will be led by Paul K. The service will be streamed online – click here to join.
Gathered to Pray – 6pm
We look forward to meeting together for an hour of prayer on Sunday evening at Priory Street. What a privilege to be able to bring the burdens and concerns of our church, community, and the world to the Lord in prayer.
Craft Group – Saturday 6th August
The craft group will be meeting at Priory Street from 10am-12.30pm. Bring your own craft project to work on and why not invite your crafting friends to come too – all are welcome.
Men’s Weekend Away: 16th-18th September
“Keeping in step with the Spirit: the vital role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer.”
Steve Lancaster will be opening the Bible to us on this exciting subject! The location is at a lovely spot near to Pen y Fan, Wales. There will be some walking, some talking, some eating, some teaching, and lots of fellowship to encourage us in our walk with our dear Lord. The cost will be around £60 with subsidies available – so please don’t let money be an issue for not coming along. The booking link is now open: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cbc-mens-weekend-away-tickets-375214987127. For more information please speak to Tom B or Ian H.
Dates for your diaries:
An evening with Stuart & Lynne Little
Stuart and Lynne are members of our church who are currently serving with Mercy Ships. They will be back in the UK for a short break soon and we have an opportunity to catch up with them on Sunday 28th August as they share their news and teach us some African worship songs! The evening will start at 5pm with refreshments and an opportunity to chat to Stuart and Lynne, followed by their presentation. If you are able to provide cakes please bring them to church that morning.
Prayer Night – 4th September
If you love Jesus and want to grow in your care for those He loves, or you simply wonder what Dan (the youth worker) does in his week – then this night is for YOU! What better way to launch into the autumn term than to join with other believers and pray for the young people of our church, homes and community!
Three ways to pray:
(1) Join with Dan and others from 6-7pm in the church to hear Dan share on the youth work and lift the people and programmes before God.
(2) If an hour isn’t enough for you, then between 4-8pm in the hut there will be a whole host of prayer stations set up to direct you in praying, so feel free to utilise these by dropping in and getting praying for the youth!
(3) The last resort: if you can’t clear your diary for this crucial event, then grab Dan at the morning service and get a sheet that you can take home to inform you in how to pray for the youth & children of our church. Thanks!
Next Sunday 14th August
For the remaining Sundays in August the two morning services at Priory Street will merge into one and meet together at 10.30am. Church on the Green will continue to meet as normal at 10am.
News from Tearfund
Tearfund is one of the missions we support as a church. They report that in Mozambique armed militia groups continue to force people to flee their homes. More than 820,000 people have found themselves seeking safety in camps or host communities where there is little in the way of food and where clean water is difficult to access. They desperately need our prayers. Please watch this video to learn more about Tearfund’s work in Mozambique.
Other Regular Activities
- Prayer for Missions & the persecuted church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Craft group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless other notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.