Notices for Sunday 10th September
Quick links: Calendar
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Due to the continued unavailability of Dandelions Café, COTG will be meeting with the 9.15 service this coming Sunday.
We will share communion together after our morning services.
Our Sunday services at Priory Street are live-streamed/recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning around Corsham (Sat 9th)
Please join us tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Corsham, focusing on our plans for the new works in Corsham & Rudloe/Neston. We will set off from CBC Priory Street at 8.30am.
Can you help with Junior Church @ 11:15 services?
We’re so grateful to those who give their time to teach and help our children in Junior Church. But it’s a small team and we need some additional willing volunteers to help. You don’t necessarily have to teach and it won’t be every Sunday. Some ways in which you can help are: register the children, help with craft activities, keep children safe, set up and tidy away. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Have a chat with Vicki Kelly if you have any questions and, if you feel you can serve in this way, please complete the form here so that the necessary safeguarding checks can be done. Thank you!
Raising Kids in a Confusing World
Save the Date! Come spend the day with us on 20 Jan 2024 as we explore issues that are affecting our children in this confusing world we live in. Together we’ll look at identity, gender, technology, sexualisation, media, relationships and more. The day consists of three sessions and is opened to parents, grandparents, kids and volunteer leaders. Spaces are £5 each, refreshments are provided and the event will run from 9.30am-3.30pm.
Registration opens on Sept 24 so watch this space.
Save the date! Tearfund Big Quiz – 7th October
Get your teams ready for the Big Quiz, which promises to be an evening of fun while raising funds for a very good cause! Teams can have a maximum of 6 people and each person must register to attend on Eventbrite at cbcbigquiz.eventbrite.co.uk. Tickets cost £5 per person which will be collected on the night. The quiz kicks off at 7pm. Any questions, please speak to Wendy R.
Church office closed
Ruth is currently away on leave so the church office is closed. It will reopen on Thursday 14th Sept.
- Our Community Money Advice service is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Tel. 07895 716485.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-1pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.