Notices for Sunday 15th October
Our Sunday services at Priory Street are live-streamed/recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
We will share communion together at the morning services.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning around Rudloe (Sat 14th)
Please join us tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Rudloe. We’ll set off from Broadwood School car park at 8.30am and would love you to join us. There is much to pray for!
Gather to Praise
Please gather with us on Sunday evening at 6pm for our monthly praise service. Ian and Anne will lead us and they will be so encouraged to see you there.
Rudloe Community Centre
We are pleased to report that our bid to occupy the Rudloe Community Centre, as set out on Monday night at the special church meeting, was approved unanimously by the Wiltshire Council Area Board. It will now go forward to the Cabinet for consideration and a final decision. We give praise to God for continuing to go before us with this project and thank you all for your prayers. Please continue to pray for this next important step in the journey.
Join us as we mark the 200 year anniversary of CBC!
Join us on 29th October for a very special service in the history of CBC – as we celebrate our 200th anniversary! As a family, we’ll reflect on the Lord’s faithfulness and provision over the years and respond in praise! We’re delighted that ministers past and present will be with us including Graham Culver, Eddie Larkman, Rob Durant and Adam Jacques.
While we look back on God’s goodness and his care for us, we will also look outward into our community as we celebrate harvest. Everyone is invited to bring a longer-life food item to donate. These contributions will go directly to our Souper Friday ministry. This is a very practical way we can help local families in our community, and share God’s love. (If you’d like some ideas for what to donate, have a look here at items that are in demand.) Alternatively, you are welcome to make a monetary donation; these gifts will go to Tearfund.
We look forward to this service and hope you can join us for this historic event as we praise and worship God together.
We are thrilled that two more young people will be testifying to their faith in Jesus through baptism at a service in November. If you are interested in finding out more about baptism please speak to an elder or congregational leader.
Christmas Choir members needed
We’re looking for a few more people to join CBC’s Christmas choir – you don’t need to be a Pavarotti, all you need is enthusiasm and some time for rehearsals and performances (singing in tune helps too!). The choir is lined up to perform at some of CBC’s Christmas events and to visit two local residential homes. For more information and to volunteer, please speak to Colin Whiting.
Tearfund Big Quiz
We had great fun at the quiz night last Saturday – thanks to all who came and to Helen, Wendy, John and Amanda for all their hard work. A total of £220 was raised for Tearfund on the night. If you missed the opportunity to donate at the time please visit www.tearfund.org/get-involved/donate.
Thank you so much for your prayers for Steve Lancaster and Lisa Robinson while they have been in Israel this past week with the Oak Hall group. Their flight home on Saturday was cancelled but, God willing, they will be flying home (from Jordan) on Monday. Please continue to pray for safe passage.
- Junior Church at the 9.15 and 11.15 services. More volunteers are needed to enable this ministry to continue. You don’t necessarily have to teach and it won’t be every Sunday. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. If you feel you can serve in this way, please complete the form here so that the necessary safeguarding checks can be done.
- Our Community Money Advice service is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Tel. 07895 716485.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-1pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.