Notices for Sunday 19th November
9.15 am service
Eddie L will bring the Word from Philippians 3:17-21 and music will be led by Ian & Anne. Intercessory prayers will be led by Michael & Wendy. The service will be streamed online – click here to join.
We will share communion together at the services on Sunday.
Our Sunday services are live-streamed and recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, please sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning around Neston (Sat 18th)
Please join Alan C tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Neston. We’ll set off from the Memorial Hall in Neston at 8.30am and hope you can join us.
Praise and Worship Together – Sunday evening at 6pm
Join us for our monthly praise and worship service on Sunday evening. Nancy will lead us in worship and Steve Lancaster will be sharing testimony of God’s goodness and answers to prayer during his recent trip to Israel.
Midweek service – Weds 22nd Nov
If you haven’t been to a midweek service before, it includes thought-provoking Bible teaching and a mixture of old hymns and newer songs. But we’re not just a meeting: we’re also a community and we enjoy chatting over refreshments afterwards. We’d love to see you on Wednesday!
Women’s Bible Study – Monday 27th Nov
We’re looking forward to our next study in the book of 1 John. Come along at 7.30pm for a cuppa and we’ll start at 7.40pm. Study buddy notes are available to collect at church.
Hang Out – change of date
Just a heads up that the next Hang Out, for KS2-aged children, will be on Sunday 3rd December at 4.30pm, not the 10th as previously planned. And it will be the Christmas party – please note in your diaries!
Ben R reports:
1. We have been streaming with live subtitles for a few weeks now. Anyone wanting to use them when viewing YouTube can switch on closed captions on the stream.
2. We (well, Martin) have fixed the hearing loop and it should be working now. Please let us know if you have any more trouble with it.
Men’s Christmas Curry: Thurs 23rd Nov at 7.30pm
This is your last chance to book your seat for this great event! There’s a nominal cost of £5 per person but don’t let that put you off (concessions are available). Please click here to register, or speak to Ian Holmes or Dave Eckley. We look forward to seeing you there!
The Ark – Sat 25th Nov
The next Ark will be the Christmas Ark and will be held on Saturday 25th November, 10.30am-12pm. This will be a Nativity service so come dressed as a character from the nativity and join in the celebrations!
Children’s drop-in Christmas decoration-making session – Sat 25th Nov
The annual St Bart’s Christmas tree festival is running again this year and CBC will be entering a tree once again. Drop in to Priory Street between 2pm and 4pm on Saturday 25th November to help Rhiannon make the decorations for our tree.
Born in a Barn – farm tidy up! – Sat 2nd Dec
In anticipation of 360 people descending on the Priors’ farm for our nativity, we could do with some willing hands to help tidy up the barn(s) in preparation. If you have some time available on Sat 2nd December, please join John P at the farm from 10am. Best wear wellies and something warm!
Also, we still need a few refreshment servers and stewards at the nativity on 10th December – speak to John if you can help.
Christmas wreath-making workshop: Sat 2nd Dec, 9.30-11.30am
There are still a few spaces left to join this fun workshop! Create your very own wreath to adorn your front door – we will guide you through the process, providing the materials you need (but if you have foliage at home please bring it – it always needs more than you think!). Book here to ensure that you don’t miss out on this fun opportunity to add a personal touch to your Christmas decorations! For more information please speak to Katharine Mortimer.
Women’s Christmas Meal: Monday 11th Dec
In Jesus we have SO much to celebrate this Christmas, so come ready to sparkle and shine as we turn up the joy levels to the max and celebrate together in true CBC women’s style! Join us on the 11th December at 7.30pm in church for a fabulous Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, including the legendary hot chocolates! The cost is £12 and you can book here. …Come sparkly, come all!
- Junior Church at the 9.15 and 11.15 services. More volunteers are needed to enable this ministry to continue. You don’t necessarily have to teach and it won’t be every Sunday. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. If you feel you can serve in this way, please complete the form here so that the necessary safeguarding checks can be done.
- Our Community Money Advice service is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Tel. 07895 716485.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-1pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin, Carol G, Brenda or Paul G for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.