Notices for Sunday 28th Jan
10am service at Neston
Our morning service at Priory Street is live-streamed / recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, please sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow (Sat 27th)
Do join us tomorrow morning for a prayer walk around Rudloe. We’ll set off from Broadwood School car park at 8.30am.
The Ark: tomorrow 10.30am-12pm
All children are invited to this fun service which includes Bible stories, games, crafts, singing and puppets! You can sign up on Eventbrite here. The team is also needing some additional helpers, so if you have a couple of hours spare tomorrow morning please contact Sara Stone.
Praying for our Facilitation team
In case you missed it last week, please click here for a copy of the current prayer points for the Facilitation team.
Ladies Bible Study: Monday 29th Jan
Sisters, we’re looking forward to our next study in 1 John on Monday evening – a short book which is packed with so much truth and encouragement. Come along for a cuppa at 7.30pm and we’ll start at 7.40pm.
Men’s Ministry: Tuesday 30th Jan
Men, on Tuesday it’s your turn to get together, worship, pray and learn together. Join us at Priory Street – Adam J will speaking and the evening kicks off at 7.30pm with refreshments.
Midweek service: Weds 31st Jan at 2pm
A warm welcome awaits you on Wednesday at our fortnightly midweek service. David M will be bringing a message from Ephesians 2: 1-10 and we’ll enjoy refreshments together afterwards. All welcome!
Rudloe Community Centre update
Rob P is delighted to report that Wiltshire Council has offered CBC occupation of the community centre with the agreement that we can hold one worship service there per week. This is a real answer to prayer and a 180 degree turn by the Council. Having said that, they are reserving the opportunity to redevelop the site for housing in the future, although this is likely to be a few years away if at all. The lease will be for an initial period of 3 years, and the trustees of CBC and the Rudloe Community Association will consider how much we are prepared to invest in the centre financially. We will keep you informed of progress.
Junior Church helpers needed
As announced on Sunday, we urgently need helpers in Junior church at Priory Street. If you think you could help, even irregularly, please speak to Vicki Kelly.
Meal Train – Coordinator needed
Our Meal Train Ministry has been running for many years, blessing members of our church family at times of both joy and challenge. The meal train provides up to two weeks of meals to those who have welcomed new babies or are going through difficult times due to illness or injury. Meals are provided by a rota of generous volunteers and are set up (with the help of a very useful online app) by the coordinator.
Since 2020 the Meal Train Ministry has been coordinated by Lucy Lewis, who will sadly be leaving Corsham Baptist Church later this year. Meal Train coordination is straightforward and there is a clear process in place already. On average, we deliver a meal train every other month and coordination takes 1-2 hours per meal train. So this is a great ministry for someone interested in getting more involved in church life and getting to know church members, but who doesn’t have loads of time to offer. For more information please contact Lucy Lewis on 07446 953259.
Job vacancies at Emmaus Christian school
This Christian school near Trowbridge has a number of part-time staff vacancies they are seeking to fill. Please click here to read the advert and for contact information.
- Junior Church: more volunteers are needed to enable this ministry to continue at our Sunday services. You don’t necessarily have to teach and it won’t be every Sunday. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. If you feel you can serve in this way, please complete the form here so that the necessary safeguarding checks can be done.
- Our Community Money Advice service is available by appointment for anybody who is struggling with debt problems. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Tel. 07895 716485.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-1pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin, Carol G, Brenda or Paul G for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): this activity has been postponed until Easter.
- Hang out: this activity has been postponed until Easter.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday.