Notices for Sunday 6th February
Sunday service – joint service at Corsham School
Join us at 11am for worship and the Word, when all our congregations will meet together at The Corsham School. Alan C will bring the Word from Mark 12:28-34 and worship will be lead by Matt E.
Invitation to Pray: Saturday 5th February
We will continue to meet for prayer for the new pastoral structure tomorrow at 9.30am in the Hut at Priory Street. Please do join us then to seek the Lord’s will concerning this proposal.
Gathered to Pray – Sunday 6th February
There is another opportunity to pray for the needs of the fellowship when we meet for our monthly prayer meeting at Priory Street at 6pm. All warmly welcome.
Men’s Curry Night: Tuesday 8th February
Men, prepare yourselves for curry and the story of a life changed by Christ this coming Tuesday, 7.30pm at Priory Street! Our visiting speaker had a background of drink, drugs and violence before he found faith. The cost is £5.00 per person, but free of charge for any non-Christian friends you may want to bring to hear a raw story of a street-fighter coming home to Christ. Please reserve your place here so that we may know how much curry to provide!
Song projection workshop: Saturday 12th February
This short workshop is open to anyone who would like to learn how to project the song words during the services at Priory Street. It will be held on Saturday 12th February at 10am-11am at Priory Street. Please register your attendance via Eventbrite here.
Holiday Bible Club: 22nd-24th February, 10am-12.30pm
Lots of fun stuff is being planned for the Bible Club! Please register your child via Eventbrite here. Helpers are needed each day for registration, kitchen help, and group leaders/helpers. Also, bakers are needed to provide snacks for each day, and we need help to set up and clear away after the club. Please speak to Rhiannon if you can help.
Momentum Yes – online course
In March and April there will be an opportunity to participate in Momentum Yes! This interactive course will open your eyes to the global picture of God at work in the world, the challenges and encouragements, and how you can get involved in ways both large and small. We will watch video clips and have discussions in small groups as we meet together online. Have a look at this two minute video clip to find out more: https://www.facebook.com/MomentumYes/videos/969262667329275/
This course is for all of us! We will meet on Friday evenings starting on 4th March and ending on 8th April, from 7.30 to 9.00 pm. If you are interested in joining, please contact Steve and Gill Bryant.
Easter Trail on the farm: Saturday 16th April
Actors, stewards, caterers and refreshments servers are all needed for this BIG OUTREACH event. Speak to Rhiannon or John Prior to let us know your interest in helping. Keep your eyes peeled for more information soon.
Live streaming our services is a huge blessing to those who cannot regularly attend church. We may also reach a wider and new audience. We desperately need volunteers to help with this, especially at the 11.15 service. Operating this is much easier now that the new tech has been installed and we are able to better separate streaming from song projection. Full training will be provided. Please let Jonny Street, our facilitation Deacon, John Godwin or Ben Ross know if you are willing to help in this vital work from time to time.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Souper Friday Café: every Friday morning from 9am. Come and and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin, Esther, Joan or Jo for more information.
- Mum’s Bible Study: every Monday morning between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Craft Group – please note that the craft group is not currently meeting. New dates will be confirmed in due course.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth Lancaster (email@example.com) by 12 noon on Wednesday.