With the search for a Senior Pastor in progress, the move out of lockdown, the beginning of the new academic year, and updates to our church leadership structure, the need for prayer is as urgent as it has ever been in the history of CBC. And so, we’re calling every person who’s a part of the CBC community – yes, every one of us – to make prayer a priority for this week.
Who can join in? Everyone! All ages and stages can join in. Why not encourage toddlers and children to pray for our church, too. We’re conscious that some may be anxious about meeting in-person in the church building at this time, so there are opportunities to gather in Priory Street on both Sundays, but also opportunities both to pray together in person, and to pray individually, too.
How can I do that? It doesn’t need to be kneeling next to your bed (but you can if that’s where you pray best). Here are some other suggestions:
- Pray together at Priory Street: 6pm on Sunday 5th September and Sunday 12th September to start and end the week.
- Dedicate your LIFE groups, formation groups, youth groups, small groups, prayer partners, or any other time you get together as believers to praying for CBC this week.
- Go on prayer walks, prayer sits, prayer zoom meetings, prayer bumbles. (Not sure how to do that? See the How-To Guide attached to these notices called “How to prayer walk.pdf”.
- Use some of your private prayer time to lift up CBC before God.
- Commit to pray in one of the time slots during the week of prayer. We’ll have a sign-up list at the back of Priory Street from this Sunday morning. (You can commit individually or as a small group), or you can sign up by emailing Cathy S.
What should I pray for?
Please use this list to guide your prayers during the week of Prayer
Finally… We’ll close the week of prayer with a service of prayer on Sunday 12th at 6pm at Priory Street. We can gather and encourage one another with answered prayers, and by sharing what we feel God has been teaching us during the week. We’ll have a box at the back of Priory Street if you want to share how God is speaking to you throughout the week, or you can email Rob Durant.
“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (ESV)