Details of our Covid-secure measures now that we have moved into Step 4 of the Government Roadmap (from Monday 19th July) are on our website. Key points are:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- you will be asked to sign-in for test and trace purposes
If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Cathy S. To maximise delivery please add info (at) corshambaptists.org to your address book and check your spam folders.
Notices are also published on the Church homepage, typically early evening on Fridays.
Sunday 10am @ Church on the Green
CotG are meeting at the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as online now. All details are at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/. Or Join Now
Sunday 10am @ Priory Street
- Priory Street joint service Come along, no booking needed or Watch here. Worship will be led by Matt E, intercessions by Sue and Eddie will preach from Mark 7:31–8:21
- Junior Church: From this week we will be running 2 groups for children in Junior Church. We will continue to meet in the garden at 10am for worship together before splitting in to 2 teaching groups; a younger group that will be for children up to year 3 and an older group for years 4 to 6. We will run two separate groups providing there are enough children in each group to make it viable. You will be able to leave your child with us and join in the service in the sanctuary. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to speak to Rhiannon to find out about serving in Junior Church, if you want to know more about children’s work Rhiannon can be found in the garden.
The next Midweek Service is this Wednesday, 15th September at 2pm.
Concluding our ‘week of prayer’ – Sunday 6pm @ Priory Street
Of course we are able, through Christ, to boldly approach God at any and all times with any and all our concerns. But praying together has a special place and power in our fellowship. At it’s best it aligns us better to God’s own will and allows us to get along better together. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who you will know is a favourite of Eddie’s, put it like this:
… the fact simply remains that where Christians want to live together under the Word of God they may and they should pray together to God in their own words.Life together, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The full guide to the week of prayer including tips on how and what to pray for can be found here.
Finally… We’ll close the week with a service of prayer on Sunday 12th at 6pm at Priory Street. We can gather and encourage one another with answered prayers, and by sharing what we feel God has been teaching us during the week. We’ll have a box at the back of Priory Street if you want to share how God is speaking to you throughout the week, or you can email Rob Durant.
Lost at the Farm?
If you attended Church on the Farm last week, please check if you left behind a zip up hoodie. A couple were found in the field last Sunday. We’ll bring them Sunday so folk can come and talk to me. Thank you. Farmer John
Church meeting @ Priory Street
There will be a Church meeting on 20th September at 8pm. Can we encourage you to attend if you are part of our fellowship as this is a key opportunity to let you know what is happening as well as to discern (and vote) God’s will on a variety of subjects. All are welcome. However if you are not yet a member but consider this your home church please ask about becoming one.
Future Sunday services @ Priory Street
Thanks very much to all who provided thoughts and feedback, written and verbal, on the question of whether we should hold one or two services at CBC moving forward into the autumn. The Oversight team will be prayerfully considering all the feedback received over the next couple of weeks and we hope to make an announcement at the Church members meeting on 20th September
Rob Perks – on behalf of the Oversight Team
Special service on 26th Sept @ The Corsham School
Eddie’s last service as Senior Pastor will be on 26th September at 11am, at The Corsham School. There will be junior church provided. Please book in via EventBrite so we can manage numbers. Also, please be warned that the Corsham 10K has been rescheduled for that day so parking both in town and within the school itself is likely to be challenging.
There will be no meetings at Priory Street or in Rudloe on this day.
Women’s Bible Study
A reminder that our warm welcome awaits you at Women’s Bible Study on Monday 27th September starting at 7.30pm at Priory Street.
Bike for Bible’s 2021
Corsham Baptist Church supports Bible Society and we’ve just completed our sponsored ride to provide Bibles for Sunday Schools in Malawi. We were encouraged by the love you’ve shown us. Thank you for your prayer and financial support. Matt & Sue W
Maybe you didn’t quite get round to it? The Just Giving page is still available: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wingraves-bikeforbibles2021.
A note from the [CBC] Treasury
The Treasury Team have started the process to close down the accounts for the year ended 31 August 21.
If you have any outstanding expenses claims for costs incurred during the financial year just ended, please could you ensure that the claim along with the supporting paperwork reaches Roger before Thursday 30 Sep 21. Claims forms are available in either electronic or paper form, and claims may be submitted by email, by post through the church letterbox or Roger’s letterbox at home, or left in The Treasurer’s box in the office at Priory Street.
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Small groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy S by 12 noon on Wednesday