Details of our Covid-secure measures now that we have moved into Step 4 of the Government Roadmap (from Monday 19th July) are on our website. Key points are:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- you will be asked to sign-in for test and trace purposes
If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Cathy S. To maximise delivery please add info (at) corshambaptists.org to your address book and check your spam folders.
Notices are also published on the Church homepage, typically early evening on Fridays.
This week we return to pre-pandemic timings
Matt G will lead worship, Vicky prayers and Alan will speak.
CotG are meeting @10am at the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as online now. All details are at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/.
Josh will lead worship, Jo the prayers and Alan will bring the word from Mark.
Gathered to praise Sunday 6pm @ Priory Street
Nancy will be leading the praise evening usually held on the third Sunday a week early but at this stage it is not clear if the planned baptism will go ahead or not, please check the website as we will update this message if plans change.
The next Midweek Service is this Wednesday, 13th October at 2pm.
Audio visual team – this Saturday
On Saturday 9th Oct Ben and Tim will be offering to show you through the use of the sound desk and / or broadcast studio that together deliver sound to the room, to the people at home and to the long tail of people who come across these things on the internet. Come to either or both as you wish, though it would be helpful if you could let one of us know.
No pre-requisite skills are required beyond enthusiasm.
- 10:00 Sound desk. Even if you have used the sound desk pre-pandemic it would be helpful for you to come and see the tweaks made since.
- 10:45 Coffee (or tea!)
- 11:00 Stream. And because that is too easy on its own, projection of lyrics.
We work in a team of three, one sound, one stream and one co-ordinator. So don’t worry, you will not be thrown into a rota to sink or swim, we’ll follow up with on-the-job training.
And if you’re interested but can’t make this day, speak to anyone on the desk at the back of church next time you’re there.
Light Party 2021
The light party will be in person this year, it will be held on Sunday 31st October 5pm – 7pm at church. For more information contact Rhiannon (in the directory or via the Church Office). Places are limited and tickets are available here:
Your help is needed
Please also contact Rhiannon, if you are interested in serving at this event or if you could help move chairs after the morning services and also to put them back after the event (approx. 7.30pm), ideally a team of approx. 10 people.
Thank you, Rhiannon
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Small groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy S by 12 noon on Friday