If you are visiting today, we're thrilled to have you with us. We come here to worship God by singing, preaching the Bible and praying together. God is the highest priority in our lives because through Jesus we have forgiveness from our sins and the hope of a new life spent with Him!
- Please switch off your mobile phone when you come in to the hall.
- Please remember to park in one of the town car parks; not along Priory St.
- Please ensure your child/ren do not play on the stage, up in the balcony or in the graveyard either before or after the service.
- We have large print bibles available for anyone who might need one. Please ask one of the ushers.
Priory Street (Corsham)
- 9.15am Tim Stephenson
- 11.15am Tim Stephenson
- 6:00pm Gathering to Remember
Church on the Green (Rudloe)
- 10:00am Rob Durant
Eddie and Kathy
A reminder that our pastor, Eddie, and his wife, Kathy, are returning to Corsham this week. Eddie will commence preaching again at Priory Street next Sunday, 3rd November.
At the recent Church Meeting the following people were affirmed as congregational leaders: Matt Elson – 11:15am service overseeing worship;
Natalie Ovens – 9:15am service. In addition to this, Kate Harding has been elected as Deputy Designated Person for Safeguarding and Carol Gale was brought into membership.
Women’s Bible Study
Next one takes place tomorrow night, Monday 28th October at 7:30pm. Study notes are on the table at the back.
Next service is this Wednesday 30th October at 2pm. The text is James 2.14-26. Eric S will lead and David M will preach. All welcome!
This annual event is taking place this Thursday, 31st October, 5-7pm. If you are available to help, speak to Rhiannon. There is a sign up sheet at the back of church. Please cover this event and preparations in prayer.
Family Quiz Night
There will be a family quiz/pizza night for the 9:15 congregation on Saturday 16th November from 5pm. Chat to Tim S for details.
We are looking to have a baptismal service on 8th December. If you feel this is a step God is prompting you to take, please speak to one of your congregational leaders.
Christmas Carol Service
Our Christmas carols by candlelight service this year is being held on Sunday 15th December at 6pm at Priory Street. If you would like to be involved in this service by way of singing or playing, please contact the church office.
Martin S will be holding a work party at Priory Street on Saturday 23rd November from approx. 10am-12pm Work to be undertaken will include cleaning of “hard to reach” areas of the building, decorating, general tidying up etc. before Christmas. Please come along if you can help. Bacon butties will be on offer too!!
We are on the look out for more volunteers for the CBC Meal Train which offers meals to church members who are newly out of hospital, have recently had a baby, are struggling with ill-health etc. It is a wonderful service that offers support in a practical sense to our church family and beyond. If you are able to spare a meal on an ad hoc basis and don’t mind being contacted when the rota is put into action, please email Sarah B.
Open Doors’ Event
On Sunday Nov 3rd we will have Open Doors’ speaker, Rod Whiting, with us at 5pm (tea and cake from 4.30pm). Come and be informed, inspired and challenged regarding the work of Open Doors for the Persecuted Church. The talk will be followed at 6pm by a prayer evening for the work of Open Doors and the Persecuted Church. Any offers of help for teas would be welcomed – please contact Wendy R. Thank you.
Women’s Retreat 2020
There will be a women’s retreat at Lox Lane from 17-19 July 2020. The cost is £140 per person. Deposit of £25 is required by 1st December 2019. Limited numbers. Leaflets are at the back. Chat to Anne H.
International Bring & Share Lunch, 24th November
Revelation 7 tells us about that amazing moment where people from every tribe, nation, people and language gather together to worship Christ. On Sunday 24th November, we’re going to have a foretaste of that moment with an international bring and share lunch!
Bring some food you like, and we’ll enjoy eating it together after our 10am service at the MOD community centre in Rudloe (a.k.a Crumpets). See you there!
Church on the Green new congregational leader
COTG are looking for a new congregational leader. The timeline for what’s happening when is below:
- Sunday, 27th October – Nominations open – nomination forms will be available at the COTG service.
- Sunday, 10th November – Nominations close after the morning service. Give them to Rob, Adrian, or Paul.
- Sunday 24th November – Election takes place for COTG members after the church service. (Before we have our international lunch!)
If you’re not sure what the role of congregational leader might involve, get in touch with Rob Durant or chat to one of our other leaders – Adrian Pillinger and Paul Garcia.
If you would like to nominate someone, please talk to them first and check they are happy to be nominated. You will need someone to second your nomination.
…This week is half term holiday week…
Please speak to your lifegroup co-ordinator regarding your small group
This week @ CBC
- Monday: Women’s bible study, 7:30pm
- Wednesday: Midweek service, 2pm
- Thursday: Light Party, 5-7pm; DAC, 7:30pm
- Friday: DAC, 9:30am
- Saturday: Craft group, 10am
- Infant dedication – 3rd November 11:15am service
- Open Doors’ event – 3rd November, 4pm
- Remembrance Sunday – 10th November
- Fight Night – 11th November, 8pm
- Midweek Service – 13th November, 2pm
- Family/quiz night for 9:15ers – 16th November, 5pm
- Gathering to Praise @ Melksham Baptist Church – 17th November, 6pm
- Mission and persecuted church prayer – 18th November, 7:45pm
- Church work party – 23rd November, 10am
- Women’s bible study – 25th November, 7:30pm
- Midweek service – 27th November, 2pm
- The Ark – 30th November, 10am