If you are visiting today, we're thrilled to have you with us. We come here to worship God by singing, preaching the Bible and praying together. God is the highest priority in our lives because through Jesus we have forgiveness from our sins and the hope of a new life spent with Him!
- Please switch off your mobile phone when you come in to the hall.
- Please remember to park in one of the town car parks; not along Priory St.
- Please ensure your child/ren do not play on the stage, up in the balcony or in the graveyard either before or after the service.
- We have large print bibles available for anyone who might need one. Please ask one of the ushers.
Priory Street (Corsham)
- 9.15am Eddie Larkman
- 11.15am Eddie Larkman (Infant Dedication)
- 6:00pm Gathering to Pray
Church on the Green (Rudloe)
- 10:00am Adrian Pillinger
We would like to extend a very warm welcome to the friends and family of Albert and Tina D, whose child, Maiah-Joy, is being dedicated this morning. Thank you for joining us today on this special occasion.
Open Doors’ Event
This afternoon we will have Open Doors’ speaker, Rod Whiting, with us at 5pm (tea and cake from 4.30pm). Come and be informed, inspired and challenged regarding the work of Open Doors for the Persecuted Church. The talk will be followed at 6pm by a prayer evening for the work of Open Doors and the Persecuted Church.
Rhiannon P would like to say a very big thank you to all those involved in making the Light Party on Thursday night such a success! Close to fifty children from church and the community attended!
9:15 Family & Friends Quiz Night
There will be a family quiz/pizza night for the 9:15 congregation on Saturday 16th November from 5pm. Chat to Matt G for details.
Baptismal Service @11:15
We are looking to have a baptismal service on 8th December. If you feel this is a step God is prompting you to take, please speak to one of your congregational leaders.
Christmas Carol Service @Priory Street
Our Christmas carols by candlelight service this year is being held on Sunday 15th December at 6pm at Priory Street. If you would like to be involved in this service by way of singing or playing, please contact Nancy Sawyer, whose details can be obtained from the church office.
Work Party @Priory Street
Martin S will be holding a work party at Priory Street on Saturday 23rd November from approx. 10am-12pm Work to be undertaken will include cleaning of “hard to reach” areas of the building, decorating, general tidying up etc. before Christmas. Please come along if you can help. Bacon butties will be on offer too!!
Women’s Retreat 2020
There will be a women’s retreat at Lox Lane from 17-19 July 2020. The
cost is £140 per person. Deposit of £25 is required by 1st December 2019. Leaflets are at the back. Chat to Anne H if you would like to know more about the weekend.
Harvest Offering Thank You
On behalf of Tearfund and the Corsham Churches Foodbank, thank you so much to all of the congregations at CBC for their generous support for the Harvest Offering. A total of £1,402 was raised to support the work of our partners in Malawi, the EAGLES Relief and Development project run through the Living Waters Church.
The store cupboards at Corsham Churches Foodbank are much better placed to meet the demands of the winter season following harvest offerings taken across the community, and a letter from the CCFB Chair of Trustees is displayed on the noticeboard in the coffee hall. As the CCFB gears up for its Christmas Hamper project, donations of seasonal treats, especially those which would bless children, would be most welcome although ideally before the end of November. The hampers will be packed and delivered during early December.
We are on the look out for more volunteers for the CBC Meal Train which offers meals to church members who are newly out of hospital, have recently had a baby, are struggling with ill-health etc. It is a wonderful service that offers support in a practical sense to our church family and beyond. If you are able to spare a meal on an ad hoc basis and don’t mind being contacted when the rota is put into action, please email Sarah B.
Church on the Green News
International Bring & Share Lunch, 24th November @Rudloe
Revelation 7 tells us about that amazing moment where people from every tribe, nation, people and language gather together to worship Christ. On Sunday 24th November, we’re going to have a foretaste of that moment with an international bring and share lunch!
Bring some food you like, and we’ll enjoy eating it together after our 10am service at the MOD community centre in Rudloe (a.k.a Crumpets). See you there!
Church on the Green new congregational leader
COTG are looking for a new congregational leader. The timeline for what’s happening when is below:
Sunday, 3rd November – Nominations are open – nomination forms are available at the COTG service.
Sunday, 10th November – Nominations close after the morning service. Give them to Rob, Adrian, or Paul.
Sunday 24th November – Election takes place for COTG members after the church service. (Before we have our international lunch!)
If you’re not sure what the role of congregational leader might involve, get in touch with Rob D or chat to one of our other leaders – Adrian P and Paul G.
If you would like to nominate someone, please talk to them first and check they are happy to be nominated. You will need someone to second your nomination.
…This week @ CBC…
- Thursday: Toddler Group, 10am; DAC, 7:30pm
- Friday: DAC, 9:30am; Encounter, 3.45pm; Engage, 4:30pm; Energize, 5:30pm
- Remembrance Sunday – 10th November
- Fight Night – 11th November, 8pm
- Midweek Service – 13th November, 2pm
- Family/quiz night for 9:15ers – 16th November, 5pm
- Gathering to Praise @ Melksham Baptist Church – 17th November, 6pm
- Mission and persecuted church prayer – 18th November, 7:45pm
- Church work party – 23rd November, 10am
- Women’s bible study – 25th November, 7:30pm
- Midweek service – 27th November, 2pm
- The Ark – 30th November, 10am
CBC Christmas Services 2019
@ Priory Street
- 14th Dec – nativity service, 4pm
- 15th Dec – carols by candlelight, 6pm
- 18th Dec – midweek service carols by candlelight, 2pm
- 24th Dec – Christmas eve communion service, 6pm
- 25th Dec – Christmas day family service, 10am
- 29th Dec – no evening service
@ Church on the Green, Rudloe
- 22nd Dec – nativity, 10am
- 24th Dec – carolling around Rudloe community, 6pm
- 25th Dec – Christmas day family service, 10am