This song began as a ‘hymn of hope’ and takes inspiration from the Heidelberg Catechism of 1563: “What is your only comfort in life and in death?” How appropriate for an Easter Sunday? Read the full story here.
Church on the Green @ 10am
Rob will be leading interactive Bible Study and prayer as last week. You’ll be able to join online or via a standard phone call as follows:
Priory Street – joint service @ 10am
We’ll meet together again this week with worship led by Ian and Anne, followed by an Easter Sunday message from Eddie.
The ‘new normal’ continues with prayer and fellowship – contact your LIFE group leaders for when and how that is happening. Or use the contact form if you’re not part of one but would like to join in.
Our Children’s Worker Rhiannon has launched a whole channel just for you guys with a range of target ages. All will be live on the CBC Junior Church channel on Sunday morning.
This is an online What’s App group that launched last week to help those who struggle with the discipline of reading the Bible (or whose routine has simply been thrown by Covid-19) to be accountable to each other in feeding ourselves, and share insights to feed and encourage each other. It involves reading a chapter of Scripture a day on weekdays (with weekends for catch up, if necessary). And then Dan uploads a short reflection of his own on his reading of the passage in the evening. This week focuses on 2 Peter.
Initially for youth, but now opened out to all. I (Dan) would perhaps discourage anyone with their own system from joining, because it can overload and ruin our own devotional routines.
To get in touch about this, or any of the youth ministry at CBC at this time, please contact Dan O (email and phone number in the directory).
CBC Benevolent Fund
Further to the message from our Treasurer last week the Leadership Team has now established a formal Fund. Please read and pray about the announcement here.
- There are periodic devotions from Eddie and others published through the week and we are going to send out email notifications from now on.
- Each Wednesday and Sunday at 7pm, Lunn Green will be hosting a live prayer event. This is a great way to feel connected to the wider family at a time when many of us are isolated and under pressure. Please use this link (https://www.baptist.org.uk/Groups/338268/Prayer_broadcasts.aspx) to connect to the event.
- Wednesday 7.15 – 8.45pm Rooted – An opportunity for the young people (year 8+) to catch up and dig into the Bible together.
- Friday afternoons Deeper – This study group runs fortnightly virtually, and is made up of older youth/young leaders (by invitation).
- Friday 6.30-7.45pm Connect – This group launched last week virtually, and is for (year 7’s). It is an opportunity for the young people to enjoy some fun social interaction, as well as focus in on God through prayer and Scripture.
- Sunday evenings 7.15 – 8.45pm Impact – A youth club that runs weekly and virtually, where the young people can come together online, hang out, have fun, & deepen friendships.