If you are visiting today, we're thrilled to have you with us. We come here to worship God by singing, preaching the Bible and praying together. God is the highest priority in our lives because through Jesus we have forgiveness from our sins and the hope of a new life spent with Him!
- Please switch off your mobile phone when you come in to the hall.
- Please remember to park in one of the town car parks; not along Priory St.
- Please ensure your child/ren do not play on the stage, up in the balcony or in the graveyard either before or after the service.
- We have large print bibles available for anyone who might need one. Please ask one of the ushers.
Church on the Green @ 10am
Rob will be leading interactive Bible Study and prayer as last week. You’ll be able to join online or via a standard phone call as follows:
Priory Street – joint service @ 10am
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5tpyZ_6K_hTov2tesd9yTA
- Audio & transcript: https://corshambaptists.org/sermon-intro/
The ‘new normal’ continues with prayer and fellowship – contact your LIFE group leaders for when and how that is happening. Or use the contact form if you’re not part of one but would like to join in.
Evening prayer @8pm
Maybe it is easier to concentrate in the evening, after the children are in bed? If you’d like to join a small group, via Zoom, for a couple of Bible readings and to share and receive prayer reach out to Joey, Natalie or use the contact form.
Activities for various age groups will be live on the CBC Junior Church channel on Sunday morning.
Zoom Meetings for Junior Church
There are now Zoom meetings for junior church children (school years 6,7,8) on Tuesday evenings at 7pm. If this is something you think your children would be interested in and/or benefit from, please contact either Wendy R or John P (in the directory) or use the contact form so we can issue login numbers etc.
Can you help?
A number of members of our fellowship have failing eye sight. They have large print Bibles but if you have any other large print books you could lend please get in touch with Brenda or the office.
Eddie’s most recent “Letter from ‘lockdown'” may be found here. New episodes are published Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. And on Fridays, Nigel Coles publishes “Hope in uncertain times”, which you can also watch here.
- Each Wednesday and Sunday at 7pm, Lunn Green will be hosting a live prayer event. This is a great way to feel connected to the wider family at a time when many of us are isolated and under pressure. Please use this link to connect to the event.
- Wednesday 7.15 – 8.45pm Rooted – An opportunity for the young people (year 8+) to catch up and dig into the Bible together.
- Friday afternoons Deeper – This study group runs fortnightly virtually, and is made up of older youth/young leaders (by invitation).
- Friday 6.30-7.45pm Connect – This group launched last week virtually, and is for (year 7’s). It is an opportunity for the young people to enjoy some fun social interaction, as well as focus in on God through prayer and Scripture.
- Sunday evenings 7.15 – 8.45pm Impact – A youth club that runs weekly and virtually, where the young people can come together online, hang out, have fun, & deepen friendships.
Local Community News…
Whilst we appreciate these are not Corsham Baptist Church matters or activities, given the nature of current circumstances and the different situations in which people in the congregations find themselves, we thought these might be of help to some folk…
- Allington Farm shop are doing deliveries if anyone is needing that. They seem to have plenty of slots available.
- AgeUk are doing regular phone calls to the elderly for a chat and to check up on people (‘assurance’ phone calls is what they call them!) on 0808 196 2424
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & you can phone up to refer people to them.
- There is also a new ‘Daily Hope’ free phone number created by our ‘Faith In Later Life’ project/Archbishop of Canterbury and others, for people to choose from hymns, prayers, talks etc whatever denomination or of no faith on 0800 804 8044
- Corsham town council & other volunteers in Corsham to the extent of Wadswick Green location are willing to help with food shopping & deliveries, medication deliveries etc:
- Town Council – 01249 702130 email@example.com
- Corsham Connections – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corsham Link (transport for medical appointments but will also delivery prescriptions etc) – 07884 887105
- And there are others willing to volunteer to help people according to your location etc on the Wiltshire Council support directory – http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/downloads/22069 (This is updated regularly)
- Wiltshire Council has provision for helping those who need deliveries or any other issues with isolation at the moment – email@example.com 0300 003 4576
- They’ve also set up a list of resources for people during lockdown (keeping active as well as for those who are disabled, mental health, creative ideas & activities, etc) – scroll down each section to get past the stuff for children! http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/leisure-active-communities
- The Richmond Fellowship (there’s a branch that meets at a church in Chippenham) has set up phone calls etc for people who want someone to talk to on Telephone: 01380 724833 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org